Common talks about Dilla writing and rhyming on Thelonious

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Your simple and sloppy, stop it, I'll give it to you like Pac did to Mobb Deep......and thats why I fukked your bytch.

Dilla was wild, that verse from game over had me dying:pachaha:

Turn on the tv, is this, another cop busted for illegal business, they out of control they out of their minds, they pulling you over, they hopping inside.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Dilla was underrated as an emcee

Damn right he was.

I say with a straight face all the time that Dilla was one of my favorite rappers. I've had people say, "you mean as far as producers go?" :picard:

Just in general he's one of my favorite rappers. Dilla had a smooth and bouncy flow that is unique to this day, and he's one of the best shyt talking emcees ever. I love that he's got a reputation as this neo-soul producer cat, but 90% of his raps were about strippers, weed, big trucks, ice, rims, and even a little bit of gun play/stick talk.
:banderas:

His verse definitely belonged last on Thelonious. He bodied Common on there. :damn:

I often feel a way that people correlate Dilla with Donuts so much. I get the mystique behind why but really this version of Dilla was the best. Dope beats, dope rhymes, musical and hood at the same time. A lot of my favorite joints of his is with him rapping. If he had not of passed, I definitely would have loved to see where he would have took it as an artist.