Dame Dash Heated Debate | Diddy Drama | Jay-Z Feud | PBD Podcast Ep. 395

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Nah...after looking at the interview. Dame actually handled PBD better than alot of the politcal pundits. I actually listen to PBD out of curiosity sometimes.

the thing here is...PBD isn't smart. not when it comes to abstract thoughts and formulating ideas and arguments that are....logical, coherent,and consistent.

He and his cohorts, operate off of quasi alpha, status based energy and controlling the argument in bad faith.

guess who that doesn't work well with? guys like Dame Dash. Dame's Direct-ness; combined with success in entrepreneurship; and street credibility. foiled alot of what PBD usually...does.

I.E. the instance where Dame asked PBD "if you're people all go to jail, is that a good boss?" and the quasi-bro machismo side of PBD was getting questioned here. So he pivoted, because PBD knew...he'd get called out if he said "yes". that as an example, was actually more effective than when even...Sam Seder was on.
Fair, but I disagree. I've been listening to PBD for awhile, so I'm fairly well-versed in his rhetoric. He sounds like a moron car salesman, I won't deny that. And I respect Dame because didn't fall for the dry snitch DJ Vlad bait. The moment PBD has anyone on that's left leaning and can reference a few stats and publications, he can't do anything but revert to his limited personal experience.

However, Dame's method imo wasn't the best way to go about it. He couches his facts in bloviations about his personal experience and value, and will detract from who he's talking to personal experience and value. Yet the moment he found out PBD's net worth his tone changed from antagonistic to joviality.

Personal experience and value don't win shyt unless you're the topic at hand. Which the irony is, his personal experience and value fell off the map after Rocafella.

It ain't that hard to show PBD in his true light. Dame's method is clown shyt. Save that shyt for Lyor.

morris

Superstar
Daps
this is offf records as I usually cannot watch too much dame (he's too self absorbed) and PBD lost me during the pandemic (I know he associates with Jan 6 members and Trumptards), but I remember watching when Noam Chomsky schooled hi,. PBD could NOT grasp the concept of:
1) the 'greatest' country
2) public investment bringing nearlyall innovations, NOT capitalism (timestamped)-->PBD could NOT grasp that fact

This was a mental giant against a dude with a notebook and brittle branch

Daps
Fair, but I disagree. I've been listening to PBD for awhile, so I'm fairly well-versed in his rhetoric. He sounds like a moron car salesman, I won't deny that. And I respect Dame because didn't fall for the dry snitch DJ Vlad bait. The moment PBD has anyone on that's left leaning and can reference a few stats and publications, he can't do anything but revert to his limited personal experience.

However, Dame's method imo wasn't the best way to go about it. He couches his facts in bloviations about his personal experience and value, and will detract from who he's talking to personal experience and value. Yet the moment he found out PBD's net worth his tone changed from antagonistic to joviality.

Personal experience and value don't win shyt unless you're the topic at hand. Which the irony is, his personal experience and value fell off the map after Rocafella.

It ain't that hard to show PBD in his true light. Dame's method is clown shyt. Save that shyt for Lyor.

Finally this dude tells the issue he has with Dame in this interview...

And he's dead wrong.

Dame didn't bloviate. He gave facts and the dude that was on Google was fact checking him as he was doing it (even though the host tried to deny that that's what they were doing).

And I even did it myself because a lot of stuff Dame said in this interview, I did not know. I was googling the entire time and everything he said was factual.

I didn't even know he put Kevin Hart on, further proving his point that he is a boss that can spot talent and put them on the path.

The issue that folks have with Dame is that he's black and he's not humble. There are plenty of white ceos out here who speak the same way Dame does but they get nothing but love. For instance, Trump bloviates, since we want to use that word. But he's a white man in America and so he can do that and be successful.

When Dame does it, white people are like "who does this n word think he is" and it makes them want to black ball him out of the industry. But you can't deny his impact on the culture. He wasn't making that up. Several of the people that we look at today as staples of black pop culture were put in that position by Dame Dash and that's just facts.

Hell if I put Jay Z and Kanye and Kevin Hart and Lee Daniels on, I wouldn't be humble either. :deadrose:

Dame just doesn't believe in operating in an apologetic way and he refuses to NOT speak his mind because he's a grown ass man. He and every other black man should be able to speak their mind, the same as white men do.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Finally this dude tells the issue he has with Dame in this interview...

And he's dead wrong.

Dame didn't bloviate. He gave facts and the dude that was on Google was fact checking him as he was doing it (even though the host tried to deny that that's what they were doing).

And I even did it myself because a lot of stuff Dame said in this interview, I did not know. I was googling the entire time and everything he said was factual.

I didn't even know he put Kevin Hart on, further proving his point that he is a boss that can spot talent and put them on the path.

The issue that folks have with Dame is that he's black and he's not humble. There are plenty of white ceos out here who speak the same way Dame does but they get nothing but love. For instance, Trump bloviates, since we want to use that word. But he's a white man in America and so he can do that and be successful.

When Dame does it, white people are like "who does this n word think he is" and it makes them want to black ball him out of the industry. But you can't deny his impact on the culture. He wasn't making that up. Several of the people that we look at today as staples of black pop culture were put in that position by Dame Dash and that's just facts.

Hell if I put Jay Z and Kanye and Kevin Hart and Lee Daniels on, I wouldn't be humble either. :deadrose:

Dame just doesn't believe in operating in an apologetic way and he refuses to NOT speak his mind because he's a grown ass man. He and every other black man should be able to speak their mind, the same as white men do.
Are you voting red or blue in November?

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps

I don't disagree that most of PBD's audience of white Right wingers
Will try and write off Dame as a "dumb street black guy" because of his cadence and mannerisms.

But hmm...I think dame did better at...reading PBD's games and tactics than...even some of his most educated guests. Which lead to..the conversation going in directions that I don't think PBD was...really wanting?

For that, I'm proud of Dame. What I'm saying is, in a way...his lack of tact, foiled some of what PBD tried, and didn't allow PBD to navigate to an answer or "gotcha" that he was seeking.

Tbh, I think PBD probably underestimated Dames awareness. Probably just thought he was gonna be a stereotype dumb nikka

Best way I could put it is...he almost...almost got PBD to have to be...real.
The whole "good boss" convo was actually..pretty damn poignant, him asking PBD about the black label, seems simple...but PBD never got asked something like that so clearly and concisely.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
Will try and write off Dame as a "dumb street black guy" because of his cadence and mannerisms.

But hmm...I think dame did better at...reading PBD's games and tactics than...even some of his most educated guests. Which lead to..the conversation going in directions that I don't think PBD was...really wanting?

For that, I'm proud of Dame. What I'm saying is, in a way...his lack of tact, foiled some of what PBD tried, and didn't allow PBD to navigate to an answer or "gotcha" that he was seeking.

Tbh, I think PBD probably underestimated Dames awareness. Probably just thought he was gonna be a stereotype dumb nikka
He low-key called him a culture-vulture.... :pachaha:

Timestamp for the tldr crowd: 1:40:00

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
Maybe it's just me, but there were times where I think Dame was making PBD think "man...I might have to revert to my Iranian hip hop loving hustler former kid self for this dude, because my typical shyt ain't really rocking with this dude" lmaoo

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
But hmm...I think dame did better at...reading PBD's games and tactics than...even some of his most educated guests.
I’m still not gonna watch just out of principle, but that’s why you can’t teach street smarts. You need to have a high emotional intelligence to do what Dame and others alike does.

A Harlem “hustler” can spot a nickel slick car salesman from a mile away and that’s what PBD is: he’s the exact definition of a “tether.” From what I remember, he’s Persian and Armenian. His family left his war torn country to come here and become prosperous.

None of which would’ve been possible if it wasn’t from the blood spilt by our ancestors. Then he has the audacity to downplay the systemic racism that he’s built his wealth from?

People can say what they want about Tariq and I disagree with alot of stuff he says, but he’s damn right on calling out these fresh off the boat migrants trying to downplay our history.

Once they come here, they play the old “why don’t you lazy blacks pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make something of your life? My parents came here with 5 dollars and worked hard to become successful.”

But when you point out redlining, blockbusting, the homestead act, filthy sand CACs want to act all obtuse. They should be kissing our damn feet for being able to come here and have this opportunity they wouldn’t have got elsewhere.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Best way I could put it is...he almost...almost got PBD to have to be...real.
The whole "good boss" convo was actually..pretty damn poignant, him asking PBD about the black label, seems simple...but PBD never got asked something like that so clearly and concisely.
And I'm sure they did too. So why go on a show that you're not gonna connect with the audience on, that nobody who would benefit from the conversation will hear?

I don't even think Dame knew the show/audience he was coming into for this show.

Notice how in/conspicuously NONE of PBD's co-hosts were in this interview; he has has 3 or 4 of them. Anyone who isn't aware of the show they're going on or is only in it for a check would've done this interview.

@Neo The Resurrected ONE Dame comes off as an idiot often...yes.

Daps
And I'm sure they did too. So why go on a show that you're not gonna connect with the audience on, that nobody who would benefit from the conversation will hear?

I don't even think Dame knew the show/audience he was coming into for this show.

Notice how in/conspicuously NONE of PBD's co-hosts were in this interview; he has has 3 or 4 of them. Anyone who isn't aware of the show they're going on or is only in it for a check would've done this interview.

You're still not telling me WHY though. :what:

You're agreeing with breh that you quoted that he won the debate so why is he an idiot?

:dahell:

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps

Well his audience also did that with David Pakman...who wrecked PBD.

They also did that with Neil DeGrasse, who wrecked PBD on vaccines.

So the audience will do that for anyone that doesn't have trumpset views.

I actually am more curious about the effect it has on PBD. He's a bit more clever than his audience.

Aside from that, I actually think this vid will reach a different audience though, you could even tell some posters here, like NEO, weren't that aware of PBD and Dame helped expose who PBD was to a new audience.

PBD isn't posted on thecoli very much. Until vids like this.

ALSO, I found it interesting that PBD had a message before the pod, saying that this got "heated". Honestly...this wasnt even that heated...what happened was, it went in directions that PBD couldn't control. So he is now trying to control the narrative beforehand lol which is telling.

He's had more heated debates with other guests lol yet needed a message prior? I think Dame annoyed dude lol

But PBD needs to bring on a leftist that makes more money than him. PBD's confidence and sense of status comes purely from being the richest guy in the room.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You're still not telling me WHY though. :what:

You're agreeing with breh that you quoted that he won the debate so why is he an idiot?

:dahell:
Was gonna make this thread.

Dame sounded like an idiot, but we're all used to that...but PBD refused to answer anything and inadvertently proved his point. Especially anything related to Trump.