Damn... Ab Soul hating on Kendricks shine. I think he mad

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Its odd. Before GKMC. I woulda said that they are all on equal footing in 2012.

But I cant even lie, it seems like not only has Kendrick and Jay Rock progressed. It seems like Soul and Q have regressed. Which is kinda weird.

Cuz in 2011/2012 to me it was like

Kendrick/SOUL > Q >>>>>>>>>>Jay Rock

Now its

Kendrick>>>>>>>>Jay Rock>>>>>>>>>> Q >>>>>>>>SOUL

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
nikkas exposin themselves... :beli:

Why have none of you white boys found the correlation to what happened w/ The Supremes? The Blue Notes? i.e. Diana, Harold Melvin?

Hell, this is a comment similar to a problem The Five Heartbeats had. (Thats a Black cinema classic for yall that likely dont know)
man nikkas can never win without Simone staling ideas... Just kidding but I already referenced The Five heartbeats lollol

Daps
Reppin
me
TDEIssue151Cover-620x843.jpg

i thought black hippy was the crew and tde was the label..

just goes to show how out of the loop higher ups are. and this is supposed to be a hip hop magazine

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
""

""

""

""

"

""

""

I like ab, but his tweet seem diva like so he got this work ... :yeshrug:

You tried to hard to be funny and it's corny putting Kendrick's at in the Tweet and tweeting him like 6 times trying to get his attention off the same tweet with no reply. You look groupie like bro

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
More than likely he's being sarcastic about actually "leaving the group"

Now I understand that he has a point but this is the MUSIC business and the MINUTE that GKMC became the platinum selling, new era classic that it is everybody in that camp should've KNOWN what the deal was going to be. This is no different that Michael Jackson dropping Got To Be There and Ben and taking the fukk off like a shooting star while Jermaine and Co. Had to ride the sidelines. Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock all have their OWN opportunities to strike now and PROVE that they don't belong in Kendrick 's shadow. Where's Unit 6? What's the hold up with Oxymoron? I haven't heard much from Jay Rock regarding a new album/single. Them boys gotta put in WORK to get recognized, and this is not saying that they haven't done that or laid the groundwork but I am saying that when one guy for the crew become THAT dude it's hard as hell to establish yourself independent of that and it's been going on in Hip Hop since the beginning.

And the WORST thing they could do right now is drop a group album, ALL of them should drop proper debut albums first before ANY talk of a Black Hippy album even begins

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Soul can't even appear on official albums. He better worry about his label situation

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
He is right, but that is just the way the game works. The mags have to put Kendricks name up there first and then Black Hippy. If you just put up Black Hippy half of these mothafukkas wouldn't know who they were talking about. If anything Ab just needs to lay back and concentrate on his music, Kendrick is getting you ALL shine right now.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I've mentioned this before but I found it surprising as a foreigner (UK) on my holiday to Cali this summer it seemed most people from Cali fukked with Ab Soul the most in the crew. Well, the people I came across. The radio's ride Kendrick dikk HARD in cali.

I was in Cali when that Control dropped :win: