Did anyone think 20 years after Madlib produced The Unseen and Alchemist produced Keep it Thoro...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That two relatively new cats at the start of the 2000's in Madlib and Alchemist would not only be still around, but be legends that would be as relevant as ever to to hip-hop heads and to the game itself?

Madlib and Alchemist dropped two of the best produced albums of 2019 in Bandana and Yacht Rock 2, and they both have 2 early contenders for 2020 (Professionals and Tea in China.).

:mindblown:

It's surreal. The late 90's and early 00's was full of producers that came and went. Barely any were producing entire albums. There was so much disposable music, and most producers were hit men hired for 1 or 2 jobs per project if they were lucky. And 20 years later, Madlib and Alc are busy as ever, and slated to drop as much music as ever.

No one is promised tomorrow. That's as clear as ever in these crazy times we're living in. Just trying to give my 2 favorite producers their flowers while they're here.
:wow:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Blaze shyt will always sound good.

9th shoulda changed those drums up a lil

Agreed but Alc would bully Justin, and I remember somebody on here sayin prime 9th was better than all these dudes including Pete Rock :shaq2:. That 1st Infantry Album to Albert Einstein and Covert Coup :banderas: thats my guy Al

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Blaze shyt will always sound good.

9th shoulda changed those drums up a lil

Ironically 9th did change his drums up a couple years ago. He has incorporated a lot more break beats into his shyt. The Black Thought EP was full of them, for instance. I haven't really heard many 9th beats that blow me away in ages though.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
That two relatively new cats at the start of the 2000's in Madlib and Alchemist would not only be still around, but be legends that would be as relevant as ever to to hip-hop heads and to the game itself?

Madlib and Alchemist dropped two of the best produced albums of 2019 in Bandana and Yacht Rock 2, and they both have 2 early contenders for 2020 (Professionals and Tea in China.).

:mindblown:

It's surreal. The late 90's and early 00's was full of producers that came and went. Barely any were producing entire albums. There was so much disposable music, and most producers were hit men hired for 1 or 2 jobs per project if they were lucky. And 20 years later, Madlib and Alc are busy as ever, and slated to drop as much music as ever.

No one is promised tomorrow. That's as clear as ever in these crazy times we're living in. Just trying to give my 2 favorite producers their flowers while they're here.
:wow:

Both of the producers you mentioned have worked very hard over the last 20 years. Producing dope beats hip hoppers love. Creating true value that's appreciated.

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
Alc and Madlib are both beats.

9th is hella overrated. Shoot, (from what I understand via a Phonte interview) LB essentially kicked him out of the group. Like, Nah, we good.

The Listening, God's Step Son, and some of the tracks he did with Murs are still dope to me, though. But that project he did with Buckshot, for example, nah, that wasn't it.

Just my $0.02 USD