Did anyone think 20 years after Madlib produced The Unseen and Alchemist produced Keep it Thoro...

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
This is the very first Madlib track I heard ever

919euasIwML._SL1500_.jpg

I wish that version of 20 Questions in the intro was actually on Apple Music smdh. Sometimes I hate it when artists got a song that sounds entirely different in album format than it does in the music video, might as well just give us the damn remix version of it :martin:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yacht rock 2?

Sad we will never get an Albert Einstein 2...the first one was my favorite prodigy solo project.
Same re: Albert Einstein. They have tons of unreleased material too. There's another P solo and a whole Mobb Deep album produced by Al, and there's 2 more P solos Heglian Dialectic 2 and 3, both of which have Al on them. P's estate issues are super messed up right now. Hopefully they get cleared up. As of now you can't find any of P's solo material besides maybe Return of the Mac on any streaming services.

Yacht Rock 2 was fire breh. Way better than the first one. It's on all the streaming platforms too

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Same re: Albert Einstein. They have tons of unreleased material too. There's another P solo and a whole Mobb Deep album produced by Al, and there's 2 more P solos Heglian Dialectic 2 and 3, both of which have Al on them. P's estate issues are super messed up right now. Hopefully they get cleared up. As of now you can't find any of P's solo material besides maybe Return of the Mac on any streaming services.

Yacht Rock 2 was fire breh. Way better than the first one. It's on all the streaming platforms too

I listened to like 6 tracks on the way to work. Solid project. I think Rare Chandeliers is the last Alchemist project that blew me away. I'll have to listen to Tea in China all the way through with headphones to be able to properly judge it.

Edit: forgot about the Currensy x Freddie gibbs project from a year+ ago. That was super dope/blew me away too

Daps
The Unseen is fukking dope man, it’s my favorite Madlib album other than Madvillainy. Pinata is great too but I think Unseen better showcases what made Madlib so special and great.

Also, this thread has me thinking about hip-hop in the 2020s :whew: I can’t wait to see which up-and-comers end up cementing their talent in the next couple years. Exciting shyt.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
Ironically 9th did change his drums up a couple years ago. He has incorporated a lot more break beats into his shyt. The Black Thought EP was full of them, for instance. I haven't really heard many 9th beats that blow me away in ages though.
What's your thoughts on 9th's tutankhamun album?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What's your thoughts on 9th's tutankhamun album?
I thought it had moments and was overall cool...but I didn't really revisit it after that first couple days of listening. What about you? It definitely has those trademark 9th drums that feel robotic and bland.

I like hard snares and if the track doesn't call for that, I like drums I can feel in some way (whether it's light or heavy). Madlib doesn't have hard drums a lot but his shyt is so diverse it might be a break beat or some dope percussion or whatever. Alchemist mixes his shyt up too. I liked how 9th had different drums on that Duckworth song from a couple years ago, to match the sample/rapping.

He's a dope producer, I'm not hating.