Did Wu-Tang have the greatest/shortest run ever?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wu-tang's run is up there, but it could rival that with the Juice Crew's run.

If anything, NOTHING could top the NATIVES TONGUE'S run of 1988-1996

Why

Superstar
Daps
when i got into wu tang i was SO disappointed RZA wasnt on the beats n later projects

when im on a wu tang binge i listen just like this.nothing more nothing less.

enter the 36 chambers.... classic
method man tical (1994).... classic
ODB RT36Chambers (1995).... classic
Rae OBFCL (1995).... classic
GZA Liquid swords (1995).... classic
Ghost Ironman (1996).... classic
Wu tang forever (1997).... classic

and tical a classic to me.:smugdraper:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The quality of the Wu's second round of releases, post 97, wasn't as good as the first round but let's not act like they still didn't drop some really dope stuff after after 97. The W, No Said Date, Supreme Clientele and Fishscale (and a slew of other Ghost releases), Cuban Linx 2, Tical 2: Judgement Day, The first Bobby Digital, several GZA solos post 97, Deck's Czarface albums, and several other Wu projects are all really dope shyt. Even this year Rae just dropped a dope album (The Wild) and I expect Masta Killa's solo dropping next week and The Mathematic's Wu album to be dope also. It's kind of crazy that they still actually put out very enjoyable albums 20 + years after their debut. And if you look at it MOST Hip Hop artists only have a 3 to 5 year clip where they are considered at their best. I don't see how Wu's initial run is any different.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Rae and Ghost will FOREVER be the best thing to come outa the Wu-Tang Clan!
while i wont say no stupid shyt like every group LP that dropped after the 1st joint was wack...
the 1st shyt stays in my rotation
will always be my favorite group joint
shyt was too raw!

i dont know what it is.
maybe cause ima guy from the P's
i was young i really appreciated that sound.
and as it got more polished i was kinda like, "ehhhh!"

but i love Raekwons shyt!
love Ghosts shyt!

Wu will always be legendary.
but their group shyt wild mediocre!

and i skimmed thru this shyt and seen someone big up Heist of the Century.
THAT album is maaaaaaaaaaaaad underrated!
"street life" ALONE makes that a great album! lol

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
When it comes to straight up lyricism, not only is Supreme Clientele one of the best wu releases ever, it's also one of the best albums in rap history period.
but on some real shyt tho
i got a playlist loaded into my car with ALL GFK albums
i can argue that all his shyts is on some GREAT to verge of GREAT lyricism shyt!

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
The quality of the Wu's second round of releases, post 97, wasn't as good as the first round but let's not act like they still didn't drop some really dope stuff after after 97. The W, No Said Date, Supreme Clientele and Fishscale (and a slew of other Ghost releases), Cuban Linx 2, Tical 2: Judgement Day, The first Bobby Digital, several GZA solos post 97, Deck's Czarface albums, and several other Wu projects are all really dope shyt. Even this year Rae just dropped a dope album (The Wild) and I expect Masta Killa's solo dropping next week and The Mathematic's Wu album to be dope also. It's kind of crazy that they still actually put out very enjoyable albums 20 + years after their debut. And if you look at it MOST Hip Hop artists only have a 3 to 5 year clip where they are considered at their best. I don't see how Wu's initial run is any different.
Doesnt matter,they got eclipsed by them true thugs from St. Clair.
bone1-640x360.jpg

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
when i got into wu tang i was SO disappointed RZA wasnt on the beats n later projects

when im on a wu tang binge i listen just like this.nothing more nothing less.

enter the 36 chambers.... classic
method man tical (1994).... classic
ODB RT36Chambers (1995).... classic
Rae OBFCL (1995).... classic
GZA Liquid swords (1995).... classic
Ghost Ironman (1996).... classic
Wu tang forever (1997).... classic

and tical a classic to me.:smugdraper:

the only two that are not classic imo.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Definitely wasn't the shortest run ever...

Wu's big run was 93-97 no doubt, but it's not like they completely fell off the face of the Earth after that. They weren't turning out classics anymore by the end of the 90s, but their names were still being met with fanfare. People didn't really let go of Wu until around 2000. There was that wave of lacking albums, then Ghost dropped Supreme Clientele and brought back the anticipation... then The W dropped and it was clear that their best days were behind them.

Either way, Wu had probably the most unique run ever. A group that blew up unexpectedly and helped revive East Coast hip-hop, had FIVE members spin off solo albums that all blew up, dropped a double album that sold millions... and all this while not really making a bunch of radio-aimed records.