Did Wu-Tang have the greatest/shortest run ever?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
In sales. Yes

But nobody was talking about that, that time, nor sales. :francis:

Just thinking about that album that sold 2 million.
these motherfukkers STILL have the ability to sell an album for 1-2 million, TWICE, in 2017.

what other artists/groups could put out a cd of random verses, with a random producer, and sell it for a cool million right now?
A lot of sales talk actually.
:mjlol:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seen this obese white chick last month some time with a huge ass Wu tang symbol tattoo'd on her thick ass arm, ish was disgusting. They had a short run on the street, but in Europe and Japan and all that they never fell off, lol

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Death Row was just as short and memorable and like Wu continues to have a legacy.

I'd say both of them

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of sales talk actually.
:mjlol:
I hate when nikkas play dumb

Talking about their ability to sell one copy for 2 million in 2017. Has zero to do with what the sales of their albums were in 1993

If anything. The fact that bone sold 12 million in 3 albums. Yet couldn’t sell an album recorded today for 500k, should tell you what my point was

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Death Row was just as short and memorable and like Wu continues to have a legacy.

I'd say both of them
Yea but death row is kinda weird

You have dre. He had a run with nwa long before. And with aftermath and that success long after. Detox would garner that money

Snoop could do it if he dropped unreleased from 93. A snoop album today, not many would treat like some art to auction off

Pac of course. But again had a run before them and he’s dead and immortalized

Whoever else. Nah. Nobody would say dogg pound is equal to wu. Or rage.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I hate when nikkas play dumb

Talking about their ability to sell one copy for 2 million in 2017. Has zero to do with what the sales of their albums were in 1993

If anything. The fact that bone sold 12 million in 3 albums. Yet couldn’t sell an album recorded today for 500k, should tell you what my point was
Bottom line is You're talking sales when it benefits u and downplaying when it doesn't. Clown shyt basically

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Bottom line is You're talking sales when it benefits u and downplaying when it doesn't. Clown shyt basically
Shut the fukk up. The thread has been extremely clear to those with any sense of intelligence

Between 93-97, wu dropped 5-7 classic albums in a row.

Since then they had dropped music, but they haven’t been making big hits or doing anything major musically. Yes great albums. But not at the same rate nor shooting 90-100%

YET. In the past 2 years, they have managed to sell an album, NOT of old wu, NOT of rza produced wu, NOT of them all doing to together. But a compilation of random verses and a no name producer.... and they have sold that 2 million. Then that guy sells it for another 1 million.

Besides that people still buy their clothes, know heir logo, know them by name alone, and they are doing Hollywood Movies and production. In 2017.

Unless you are here to tell me bone or some other group, could pull that off, shut the hell up. Make that argument or go talk 1993 sales figures in your own thread

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Shut the fukk up. The thread has been extremely clear to those with any sense of intelligence

Between 93-97, wu dropped 5-7 classic albums in a row.

Since then they had dropped music, but they haven’t been making big hits or doing anything major musically. Yes great albums. But not at the same rate nor shooting 90-100%

YET. In the past 2 years, they have managed to sell an album, NOT of old wu, NOT of rza produced wu, NOT of them all doing to together. But a compilation of random verses and a no name producer.... and they have sold that 2 million. Then that guy sells it for another 1 million.

Besides that people still buy their clothes, know heir logo, know them by name alone, and they are doing Hollywood Movies and production. In 2017.

Unless you are here to tell me bone or some other group, could pull that off, shut the hell up. Make that argument or go talk 1993 sales figures in your own thread
Anybody can give opinions on what's a classic. It's a FACT that bones outdid them via fans $. Facts >>>>>> opinions

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Wu still got the lyrics. They just rhyme over awful beats now. I still check for them in hopes they found the right production.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Supreme clientele 2000
Bobby digital like 1999 or 2000
They run was bout 6 or 7 years ......for how popular they were throughout and seein as they are a pop culture norm to this say..I'd say that's fairly long for music standards:yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
great fukking answer. they really had 2 albums as a group.. but if we counting the solos too, even though they broke up by then... then yea.. cause then you got clef's shyt and lauryn. and i think if they said they was dropping an album together today... my god the damn internet would blow up
And nobody even mentions Blunted on Reality