Did ya'll know John Wayne was racist?

Gains

Superstar
Daps
''' The sucker was simple and plain''- Chuck D (reference to Elvis)''fukk him and John Wayne.'' - flava flav (fight the power)
elvis_presley_muhammed_ali_robe.jpg

:mjpls:

Gains

Superstar
Daps
This was/is common knowledge. I never watched any of his movies. I heard he was a draft dodger during World War 2 and was the reason he went extra with the war movies because he felt guilty.

lent himself out to propaganda films like Green Berets

worse thing he could ever do

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I read the first paragraph and I thought "That's not so bad by the standards of his time." Then I got to the part when he said:
I’ve directed two pictures and I gave the blacks their proper position. I had a black slave in The Alamo...
:wow:

''' The sucker was simple and plain''- Chuck D (reference to Elvis)''fukk him and John Wayne.'' - flava flav (fight the power)

I'm not really sure Elvis himself was racist. Was it his fault that he was allowed to unfairly benefit from Black music?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Seriously this isn't news if you've been a fan of movies for more than 20 years. But I would argue there's a way to like a movie without liking the person. All of us have talked about the dopeness of the lethal weapon series but clearly Mel is racist sexist lunatic. Love Riggs and the series but Mel isn't for me.
oh i agree when it comes to someone like mel...when ppl bring up mel i always say "maaaaan i liked lethal weapon & braaveheart (among others) a good damn decade before he did all that shyt, so there's no damn way i can unlike em now :why:"....but john wayne BEEN racist and dudes BEEN known this lol plus imo his movies aint that great :yeshrug:.....after the whole "obama in the chair" thing with clint i sorta backed off him too :francis: