Do most males treat sexual harrassment from women as a non issue ?

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Okay I few a weeks ago I was in the workplace breakroom heating up my lunch when all of sudden I felt someone pinch my butt. So I turned around with the :dahell:look on my face and I see this lady who like me is an Assistant manager walk by. I automatically knew it had to be her because she's always flirting with me. But the problem is, she's engaged to be married. Anyway I turned around and blew it off.So a couple ofminutes later I was taking my food out of the microwave when she walks by me and does it again. So Yesterday my Mom and I were talking on the phone when I brought up the lady pinching my butt . My Mom told me I should report the lady for sexual harrassment, but I told my Mom that I didn't want the lady to lose her job over something so small as pinching my butt and that I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Anyways this isn't the first time this kind of thing this has happened to me.Over the years I've had women do and say things to me that have been or close to being sexually harrassment but never have I reported any of it. I told my Mom I think it's a guy thing.I think most men dont take things like that as serious as women do. If a woman says hey handsome ,most men wouldn't make a big deal about it. But if a guy says hey gorgeous to a women there is s 50/50 chance she might be offended depending on who you are,who the woman is and also how you look.

Last edited:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I would have handled the situation exactly like you did; however, it is a double standard.

I wouldn't have wanted old girl to lose her job either, what I would do is confront her about it though if it made you feel uncomfortable.

I've seen plenty of women with a big phat azz that I wouldn't have minded pinching and rubbing; however, if a man does it sexual harassment if you put your hands on her in that manner it's actually sexual assault.

This me too movement has emboldened a lot of ladies to immediately report any type of unwanted advances from a man and while I understand that, it gets to be a problem for me when people get offended by a male making a simple comment that is complimentary of a woman. Telling a women you look nice today can even be perceived as sexual.

I can see if its their boss or something because you have to walk a fine line, but now you got random Joe's getting caught up over that kinda stuff.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ii's different and I'll tell you why because no matter how that situation went down you really truly didn't fear for your life for one second, but for women it's different 99% of women are super vulnerable (physically) and can get snatched up basically at any point raped and killed that's the reality they live in, no caping.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Its horrible because even in your mind you feel like a bytch ass nikka something similar is when a mentally challenged girl chases you in school

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
A lot of men are too stupid or desperate for attention from women to see it as an issue. Personally I see men in general as a lost cause when it comes to stuff like this because they're too concerned with taking chances to put other dudes down.

The thing is I wouldn't be able to touch a woman like that simply because I found her attractive and pass it off as flirting. That reason is enough for me to believe women shouldn't be allowed to touch a man like that and pass it off as flirting.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
But if a guy says hey gorgeous to a women there is s 50/50 chance she might be offended depending on who you , who the woman is and also how you look.
BINGO!

It's only harassment if she doesnt like you. I've seen dudes who would be part of #superHandsomeGang get away with doing shyt that most of us would get fired for even thinking about and i dont mean thinking outloud either.

Personally some women would flirt with me in the work place or one even grabbed me (as in grabbed y dikk) once i i just laughed it off. At the time i was 20, young dumb full of cum and down to fukk just about anything that walks so i just laughed it off. She was a white weirdo looking brawd that worked with us at the pier. If that was to happen today.. im not sure how i'd react. But at least now i know that i couldnt get away with doing the same thing to her. Not only would i be fired i'd be in jail for "assault"

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if it makes you uncomfortable just tell her not to do that shyt. problem solved
if she continues...then talk to HR

its that simple really

ive had girls make comments but never touch. touching is crossing the line

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
It's happened to me a few times, ass grabbed, being suddenly kissed, but I let it slide. :manny:

But best believe if a man tried that around the office HR is gonna hear about it with the quickness. :ufdup:

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
show me a case where a single comment of "you look nice today" was considered sexual harrassment :mjlol:

yall be coming up with the scariest scenarios

I’ve seen this happen at my own workplace. :ld:

Yeah, a lot of this is perception based on how she feels about the dude saying it, but it’s generally best to avoid commenting on the appearance of your coworkers. A dude I used to work with commented with a “you look nice today” at my supervisor, and she was pretty much like :scust:

A woman can do the same to a dude and it really isn’t a big deal. I’ve never been flat out sexually harassed in a threatening way, but I’ve definitely had coworkers do things like grab my arm playfully or put their hand on my shoulder, and I know for sure that there are dudes here who would get lit up for doing the same to a female coworker.

Last edited: