Do we need to update the "If someone hit you hit them back" for our kids?

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Was strolling my fb timeline and I saw someone state they tell their child to run if someone starts with them.

Now most of us from the era where our parents told us, "If someone put their hands on you, you better bust the shyt outta them".

What happened at a high school game last night is a kid was hit and he hit back too effectively. The instigator had a gun and shot the kid defending himself.

These streets different now. Should we recommend our kids not fight back but take off running?

Daps
I’d rather die than just let someone smack me around tbh

Eject yourself from a situation if you can. Descalate a situation if you can. If there’s any room to end something without conflict than take it but if your back is against the wall and the other party is giving you no room to make the situation peaceful than you gotta fight back, if you die it is what it is but go down swinging. As men we can’t be afraid of death like women and children can

Slangtonomo

Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
I’d rather die than just let someone smack me around tbh

Eject yourself from a situation if you can. Descalate a situation if you can. If there’s any room to end something without conflict than take it but if your back is against the wall and the other party is giving you no room to make the situation peaceful than you gotta fight back, if you die it is what it is but go down swinging. As men we can’t be afraid of death like women and children can

I feel you, but my 14 yo son isn't a man yet. He doesn't deserve to die for defending himself.

I don't know what to think about this yet. It goes against all I've been raised on.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
nikka no. If you raising a boy you better teach not to be no hoe out here. That’s said, of course you want them to be smart about situations and remember that they have to choose their battles. But in general, if somebody put they hands on you, you need to try and tear they mothafukking face off. And go get ya cousins if you need to. My family didn’t play shyt. It’s tradition. Gotta pass it down

Daps
I feel you, but my 14 yo son isn't a man yet. He doesn't deserve to die for defending himself.

I don't know what to think about this yet. It goes against all I've been raised on.
Yeah this is a tough debate but the reality of manhood is that we have to be ready to die at a moments notice if it comes to that, no hesitations

14 is too young to die but fukk man, do you really want to raise your son to be a man who runs away from all confrontation?

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
Ill recommend my child carry. Either a.22lr pistol or assisted blade knife. Train him how to seclude and eliminate while disposing of body and evidence and avoiding cctv. It's a much colder world out here.

Slangtonomo

Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
nikka no. If you raising a boy you better teach not to be no hoe out here. That’s said, of course you want them to be smart about situations and remember that they have to choose their battles. But in general, if somebody put they hands on you, you need to try and tear they mothafukking face off. And go get ya cousins if you need to. My family didn’t play shyt. It’s tradition. Gotta pass it down

Sounds like you have a family of wolves, meaning yall probably the ones applying pressure :mjlit:. But what if your child is just a square.

Wolves not taking Ls too kindly out here. They come back shooting!

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ill recommend my child carry. Either a.22lr pistol or assisted blade knife. Train him how to seclude and eliminate while disposing of body and evidence and avoiding cctv. It's a much colder world out here.
Look at Ghost out here tryna raise another Tariq.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It's a bit shortsighted yes. My kids will be trained in hand to hand combat, boxing or mua thai & Jiu Jitsu.

I will teach them to walk away unless pushed into a corner. If their pride is wounded, I will advise them to settle things on their own terms (when the other guy is slacking).

Slangtonomo

Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Then another situation this year, a 18yo girl was jumped by like 3 girls. She got her hands on a bat and defended herself. This girl was just convicted and sent to prison!

It ain't fair out here.