Do we need to update the "If someone hit you hit them back" for our kids?

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
My parents were on that bullshyt as a kid. I had to sit their ass down and wake them up. We live in the fukking hood. I can’t do that shyt. After a couple suspensions for fighting they had to come to terms that their son wasn’t a p*ssy and wasn’t gonna take shyt from anybody so they shut that shyt up.

Daps
Then another situation this year, a 18yo girl was jumped by like 3 girls. She got her hands on a bat and defended herself. This girl was just convicted and sent to prison!

It ain't fair out here.
You got a link to this story? Fukk these cacs for trying to passify people

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
My parents were on that bullshyt as a kid. I had to sit their ass down and wake them up. We live in the fukking hood. I can’t do that shyt. After a couple suspensions for fighting they had to come to terms that their son wasn’t a p*ssy and wasn’t gonna take shyt from anybody so they shut that shyt up.

But what if you came across one of these true demons that rather shoot you than lose a fight?

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
It's a different time now. Children even lower than hs arent using their hands all the time. Just have to teach your children to do it smarter. Know what they are up against.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Sounds like you have a family of wolves, meaning yall probably the ones applying pressure :mjlit:. But what if your child is just a square.

Wolves not taking Ls too kindly out here. They come back shooting!

I mean all you can do is instill toughness and the right values in them. Everyone not gonna be super tough like that, but at the very least you need to stand up for yourself. Being a bytch just ain’t allowed in my family. nikkas train you early on. Older cousins and uncles used to punch you in the chest hard as fukk and then be like what you gonna do if a nikka on the street did that? So you had to go try and fight them. But you couldn’t beat them. But you had to try. Basically teaching us that you can’t be no hoe out here. It’s about not letting nobody try you like that without repercussion.

Street smarts in general need to be instilled cause yeah, as you get older, yo may find yourself in situations where it’s best to live to fight another day. But I’m general, boys need to be taught to be able to stick up for themselves no matter how naturally tough they are. That’s your job as a parent, to make em tougher

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
But what if you came across one of these true demons that rather shoot you than lose a fight?
As a kid? Then I guess I would of got shot. Luckily kids my age growing up would take their L and 9 times out of 10 the dude you fought ends up being your homie. Atleast where i grew up at.

Slangtonomo

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
As a kid? Then I guess I would of got shot. Luckily kids my age growing up would take their L and 9 times out of 10 the dude you fought ends up being your homie. Atleast where i grew up at.

Where and WHEN you grew up. It's a different animal out here now. I live in Florida too. And I know the type of nikka we had to deal with growing up :wow:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Where and WHEN you grew up. It's a different animal out here now. I live in Florida too. And I know the type of nikka we had to deal with growing up :wow:
Good point. I don’t know if I could say the same in 2018 :patrice: You got me :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Was strolling my fb timeline and I saw someone state they tell their child to run if someone starts with them.

Now most of us from the era where our parents told us, "If someone put their hands on you, you better bust the shyt outta them".

What happened at a high school game last night is a kid was hit and he hit back too effectively. The instigator had a gun and shot the kid defending himself.

These streets different now. Should we recommend our kids not fight back but take off running?
:dahell:

Hold up how was he defending himself if he the aggressor. Get That shyt the whole fukk out of here:rudy:

Slangtonomo

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:dahell:

Hold up how was he defending himself if he the aggressor. Get That shyt the whole fukk out of here:rudy:

No, my typing was fukked up.

A wolf was fukking with a young breh and smacked him. The lil nikka hit him back a little harder than expected to the point people were clowning the wolf. The wolf proceeds to shoot lil man in the football stands.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The whole point in that isn’t necessarily hitting them back, but teaching kids to not let themselves become a victim or bullied.

Not lettin some random bullshyt situation change my principles...

Daps
Yeah this is a tough debate but the reality of manhood is that we have to be ready to die at a moments notice if it comes to that, no hesitations

14 is too young to die but fukk man, do you really want to raise your son to be a man who runs away from all confrontation?
What timeline do you live in, nikka?:why:

All ya post always on some dumb shyt:heh: