Do you genuinely think AEW will compete?

Do you actually believe it or do you just hope so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sbud

All Star
Daps
It’s almost time, and I think we have to clear this up because there seems to be varying degrees of “fandom” for AEW.

So the question is, do you genuinely believe AEW will compete long term with WWE in terms of things like popularity (ratings) and merch after the initial hype? Let’s call long term beyond 1 year.

Or, do you just HOPE they compete to drive the competition aspect, but deep down you think or “know” they’ll flame out before 12 months are over with.

Or, do you just not care about AEW at all and you won’t be a fan from the jump

I personally fall into the “hope” side of things, because I think it’s great for the business if it works out, but I just don’t see the appetite these days for wrasslin to sustain an entirely different wrestling company ALONG with WWE. I think they’ll fall into ratings obscurity within a year. Don’t think the roster has the star power to propel it unless they make crazy signings somehow.

Choose a side.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
What I think not only the Elite, but Tony Khan is going to learn the hard way is that great ideas have to be regulated in the business world. These guys are all bright eyed and bushy tailed but what are they going to do when a scandal erupts? What happens when somebody cuts a promo that goes viral in the wrong way? I don’t think they’ll be able to deal with that honestly

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
it’s best to wait until the tv show is a month in to really decide. :ld:
Facts. Yall are all so ready for a new "war" that you haven't even waited for the new show to start. The weekly show prob wont run like the PPVs do so we need time before making predictions. We dont even know if NXT will be able to sustain steam going forward yet. Let these boys cook.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think they'll compete with NXT and it'll be legit competition between the two. They not established enough to compete with main brand no matter how bad product is. Whole industry is in a decline and while most fans want change, not sure if this is the perfect time but I hope they succeed.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Gonna be like when tna went toe to toe in 2010, there gonna be a buzz but it I'll eventually fizzle. Just my prediction

I dont think it was a wise idea starting weekly live tv right before wrestlemania season, if they were able to start maybe in may when wwe starts producing even bigger shyt then they would have had a longer level of sustainability

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Hope AEW will be a real competitor but don’t think it will last

^ This right here. Watching that PPV for me was like Huey realizing Stinkmeaner didn't really have enhanced senses before he got beat to death. They don't got the stars or even the guys they need. They got a weak money mark, they simultaneously like to stick their chest out but have also apologized numerous times coming across as arrogant and weak. Their answer as an alternative is more wrestling some of which, is neckbeard comedy and garbage hardcore and asking for characters and storylines is considered too much according to their fans but a guy who look like fukking Jimmy Havoc needs a good damn storyline reason for why he supposed to be scary like c'mon.

sbud

All Star
Daps
Vince seems to think so.

imo Vince is just afraid of the money not the talent. As he should be. he doesn’t know how long of a leash lil Khan has before daddy tightens the purse. Doesn’t mean he’s actually worried about the product, he just doesn’t know how much they’re willing to bleed so he doesn’t want to give them any more ammunition than he absolutely needs (ie, letting guys go)