Do you get chosen by Black women in a suit?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've never heard a black man in my life say they don't like dark skin women around me but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen
things can be true / happen even if you don't personally experience it

Oh please.

You are using a false equivalence.

That you would try to use such a silly topic about a black man dressed up in a suit and compare it to something that is embedded in colorism, which is a direct extension of white supremacy, shows you don’t have a true grasp of reality.

This topic is dumb... colorism is not. Stop it.

Don’t try to justify a dumb topic by attempting to impose a serious one in order to prove your point. You just reflected badly on yourself.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Oh please.

You are using a false equivalence.

That you would try to use such a silly topic about a black man dressed up in a suit and compare it to something that is embedded in colorism, which is a direct extension of white supremacy, shows you don’t have a true grasp of reality.

This topic is dumb... colorism is not. Stop it.

Don’t try to justify a dumb topic by attempting to impose a serious one in order to prove your point. You just reflected badly on yourself.
I didn't make a "false equivalence." I simply provided an extreme example so that you could understand. Apparently you still don't:yeshrug:
Anyway, I'm right and you're in your feelings and I'm not going to go back and forth with you.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't make a "false equivalence." I simply provided an extreme example so that you could understand. Apparently you still don't:yeshrug:
Anyway, I'm right and you're in your feelings and I'm not going to go back and forth with you.

No, I get what you’re trying to do but you used a bad example.

This topic is about how black men are perceived while dressed up... you tried to use a topic that is of a greater importance than how a man is looked at in business clothes.

I love how people resort to reducing someone to an emotional perspective just because the response they get is something they can’t really refute.

So I’ll say I’m in my feelings to assist you in your defense.. let’s use that mindset as my stance in my response to you. I’m in my feelings because on any given day, if you’re in the corporate world, which I’m assuming most men who wear business suits are, most women are not giving what they wear that much thought. Maybe they may have a passing thought like “are you going to an interview?” If it’s not an outfit that is typical in that work environment, or maybe they may say “you look nice” again if it’s not typical, but unless you can provide sufficient examples, I will continue to assume that you are just looking and attempting to make a generalization without a sufficient amount of evidence.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What a weird comment, to the point I almost think it's fake. If a black woman said that to you at McDonalds I could somewhat buy it, but an an industry event? Where there are presumably multiple black men in suits? I work in business, there are black dudes here...and some of them date black chicks. All that I know have dated a black chick before.

This whole "successful black men only date white women" thing is bullshyt. Especially in an era where there are more successful black women in multiple industries.

I've been told before by black AND white women that they assumed I only dated white chicks, but in each case it was a pretty low class chick.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I feel like you all are waiting for that one black woman to say some dumb stuff like that so you can talk about it. I bet most black women you encounter in your suit don’t even think about it.

Any black woman in the corporate world, literally, encounters men in suits every single day including black men.

This is so dumb, lol.
Not just suits though..you can just have a certain swag and carry yourself a certain way and women will hit you with that

"You date beckies:usure: "

Nonsense.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip