"Do you know who that is?"

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
No but seriously. Lying and letting your kids down isnt a good precedent to set for a young kid.

Cant be stringing them along for years and only for it to be utter :duck:

Its not like they wont get presents, which is the most important bit

No, I was laughing at the ruining it for other kids part. I told my daughter not to do that for other kids, but I do agree with the precedent of lying.

I remember trying to explain to someone who was telling me they couldn't understand why people have a problem being honest that we are conditioned to lie from early on; our parents and other adults are the teachers and Santa Claus is the example I used.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No one told me about Santa. I knew as a little girl that my parents were the ones who purchased the gifts because they made me write my Christmas list, but it was still fun to have nutcrackers and santas around the house. Now I don't have kids yet but I don't mind telling my future kids about Christmas, and still have black santas around. I personally think it's just all in good winter essence fun. Same for Halloween. It's a fun holiday to me, unless you're celebrating Day of the Dead then it becomes an ancestral celebration. I think your kids are going to be fine sweetheart.

:ehh:

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
No but seriously. Lying and letting your kids down isnt a good precedent to set for a young kid.

Cant be stringing them along for years and only for it to be utter :duck:

Its not like they wont get presents, which is the most important bit

Do you even have any kids?