Religion/Spirituality Do you really believe in Karma?

Do you really believe in Karma?

• Yes

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Theres much "mysticism" and folklore surrounding the word based on culture and total misunderstanding. It begs the question(s): What do we mean by that word Karma? In what sense is this word being employed? Answering such questions first is the only way, i see, to go about answering it sanely...
yeah, most people who say "OMG Karma" have no fukkin clue wtf karma is... :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
just read thru the thread.. a few A+ quality responses

I guess people want to be rewarded for the good stuff they do & want punishments for the a$$holes of the world.

I do. I believe that you put positive out and you're more likely to get positive back, and vice versa. Of course there is no empirical karmic scale I can refer to, so its understandable that alot of people don't believe in the notion. Maybe its just a convenient thought process, but I believe it. And believing in karma isn't to say that bad things won't happen to good people and good things won't happen for dikkheads, circumstance still happens, I just believe you're more likely to have good things happen if you are positive and try and do right by folks. :manny:

Good question.. i do to an extent

but i also believe that our dependance on our senses can give most an arrogance or false belief over the laws of the universe

Theres much "mysticism" and folklore surrounding the word based on culture and total misunderstanding. It begs the question(s): What do we mean by that word Karma? In what sense is this word being employed? Answering such questions first is the only way, i see, to go about answering it sanely...

yeah, most people who say "OMG Karma" have no fukkin clue wtf karma is... :manny:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
The notion of the universe proportionately handing out payback in some form or another to balance out individuals' actions is bullshyt. It's probably a mixture of people seeing patterns in things, the widely held religious beliefs that a supreme being is watching over you and others that believes in good and evil, magic thinking and people holding out hope that the jerks of the world get theirs in this world or another.

Maybe i should have specifically said 'Karmic Justice' when i made the thread.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Yes, Karma is real, in my opinion. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is intent. We can do a lot if things with ulterior motives and appear to be rewarded but what goes around, comes around. Cause and Effect is also one of the basic principles of life so it's really not even a question if karma exists. Now, if you were to think that karma was a personal force I would call you a fool. Karma doesn't have feelings. It's just the law.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
There are hundreds of millions (if not a billion) people who believe in Karma (Hinduism taking up the bulk of these numbers). The Hindu's have a very elaborate system describing Karma and how it works..as well as other faiths such as Buddhism.

Then there are the "lay-folk" who have a general superstitious feeling about it..and of the people I know who somewhat believe in it, they can all give multiple examples of things that have happened in their life to justify that belief.

It could just be co-incidence and the perception of correlation when in reality the events were completely independent of each other, or it could actually be a real thing. Not all of these people take into account ALL the things they do, so when they selectively choose two events and use Karma as a factor in both, but leave out a bunch of other stuff then it doesnt quite make all that sense. However, a lot of these events are usually on the exact same subject or take into account multiple decisions being made in the same sphere of events that led to some sort of concluding event. Ultimately, it is unverifiable.

I guess I believe in Karma a bit. Since I have no recollection of a past life or lives, and that is the basis for a lot of Karmic Systems, I do not fully believe it...but I have noticed enough in my life and the life of others to give it some credence. I do not go pointing out every good thing that happens as karmic justice for something bad that had happened, nor do I say that every bad thing that happens in karmic justice or something else bad that I had done, but the thought crosses my mind at times.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I did a past life regression hypnosis and I got a name and vision of who i "was" in my past life but I have no idea and doubt its authenticity. I googled the name after, and it was an author in the 1800s that actually lived in my area (at the time I was writing a lot on my website, was offered a job as a beat reporter, had about 30 pages done of a philosophy/logic book and finished a childrens book). I was kinda freaked out tbh :merchant: