Do you want rappers living their raps?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I want rappers rapping about their lives... nikkas will exaggerate a story about fukking some broad last night.. "Oh I had her bust like 12 nuts son...." Yea he lying, but he smashed the broad at least.

Just don't come with a complete fabrication. Why do I want to hear your raps about drug dealing and killing, when you was a college boy who used to get beat up? You don't even know what you're talking about and it's clearly going to show through in your music. You won't even sound authentic. It'd be like me rapping about Russian life. nikka how would I know? I can put some words together and it sound hot on a hot beat, but what am I really saying? What Russian is really gonna feel me?

If that's not you, then rap about what is you. Mos Def don't have to be a gangster. I don't want to hear Luda talk gangster. Be fun loving Luda. I like introspective Drake cause that's him. I don't want to hear about him and no damn bodies he gonna catch. Nah if I want to hear that, let me go hear an AR AB.. Somebody who was doing it and caught a body, cause his words are authentic and you can feel it.

Now do I wish these nikkas CURRENTLY lived raps? hell no. Once you're on, just rap about the past shyt you was on for 20 years, jay z style. Don't be the idiot on camera and also doing illegal shyt. It's not going to work out for you

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
Childrens Story
6 In The Morning
Renee
Silent Treatment
Ill Street Blues
Regulate
It Was A Good Day
Road To Riches
Etc. . .

If you are a good artist with integrity it really doesn't matter. .

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I can understand lived, I can understand embellishing, but actively doing the shyt the way you portray it? :francis:
Nah I don't want people with better opportunity throwing it away for a rep. Can't tour internationally and it causes constant interruptions to their career. Literally hampering your own progress.

Rap about something you have lived, witnessed and once you decide you an artist stay the course.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes. I don’t listen to troy ave but when I saw him bussing his gun on tape I felt good. Like yeah he’ll kill a nikka if he has too.
:snoop:

The same thing you admire about him killed his career. :dead:

He had to bust his gun because he was playing up a fake tough guy role and life caught up with him. If he wasn't putting that energy out none of that would have happened.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on man of course we wanna believe what they rap about is real...

but u know now days all these nikkaz some big kingpins from their city, they fukk all the hoz, they rich as fukk, they killaz, they all drive foreign cars, got more than a mill in jewelery n wear nuthin but designer clothes

:mjlol:

what happened to the days were nikkaz was rappin about the struggle, not havin anything to eat, workin low payin jobs, robbin nikkaz, bein rejected by bytches... Biggie, DMX, etc rapped about this shyt n they two of the goats... these new cats is clones of each other n will only rap about the same shyt the hottest nikka at the moment is rappin about

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Im getting confused..

Do killers want to be entertainers?

If you doing shyt intentionally to rap about...you already lost..

kBNeRd281

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Other Side of Da Game
What you believe is subjective anyway

it could be the fakest rapper but his stans will say he a real killa

it could be someone who aint popular but be about that life

but the haters will call him fake and continue to say the fake popular rapper is the realist killa

even tho he might be working with the fedz givin up names etc the stans don't care and believe what they wanna believe

kBNeRd281

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Other Side of Da Game
What you believe is subjective anyway

it could be the fakest rapper but his stans will say he a real killa

it could be someone who aint popular but be about that life

but the haters will come him fake and continue to say the fake popular rapper is the realist killa

even tho he might be working with the fedz givin up names etc the stans don't care and believe what they wanna believe