Does anyone else miss the blog rap/blog rock era?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
it's crazy how much Wiz's clout has fallen off over the years. He hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread but back at that time he was THAT nikka in the blog era. His YT vlogs was running up numbers and Kush and OJ release was an event. Mixtape was a classic. Now no one thinks about or remembers him :mjlol:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
it's crazy how much Wiz's clout has fallen off over the years. He hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread but back at that time he was THAT nikka in the blog era. His YT vlogs was running up numbers and Kush and OJ release was an event. Mixtape was a classic. Now no one thinks about or remembers him :mjlol:

Holy shyt, you're right. I forgot about Wiz:mjlol:
How is Mr. Twin Sister more memorable than Wiz?:mjlol:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Also one of the best for clothing. Fairfax was killing it. The Hundreds, Lamar & Dauly (sp?),
I had the Hundreds black baseball jersey back then. Looked nice af.

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
There was a thread some time ago in The Booth about this. It was a cool era because you had more access to new artists that were seemingly appearing out of nowhere every other day, but you still kind of had to dig in those blogs to find them. More guys got on but there still was a premium on creativity so there was a lot of diversity. And as a fan it was fun as hell to go from one blog to another, to YT joints with 3000 views, to Soundcloud and Bandcamp to try to find this or that track you heard on some random mix. I loved it especially as I was also kind of digging in the whole electronic/bass/"trap"/moombathon/etc scene.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It hurt my heart when I saw that brotha on Masked Singer :mjcry:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't say no one remembers Wiz. He has two hits, one from and the other past the Blog era, that's going to be played forever. He, and hundreds of other artists from the past, aren't relevant musically anymore.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
There was a thread some time ago in The Booth about this. It was a cool era because you had more access to new artists that were seemingly appearing out of nowhere every other day, but you still kind of had to dig in those blogs to find them. More guys got on but there still was a premium on creativity so there was a lot of diversity. And as a fan it was fun as hell to go from one blog to another, to YT joints with 3000 views, to Soundcloud and Bandcamp to try to find this or that track you heard on some random mix. I loved it especially as I was also kind of digging in the whole electronic/bass/"trap"/moombathon/etc scene.
I felt like it was an in between time between Spotify era of 2015+ and the rapper cosign era of the early to mid 2000s. Technology was advanced enough to have relatively easy access to music but not saturated enough that artists had to relay on streams for success.