Does Jay-Z have a top 10 hip-hop song of all time?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I ask this question because most of my favorite Jay-Z records would never make my top 10 hip-hop songs of all time. Can I Live, U Don't Know, PSA, Imaginary Players, Threats, What More Can I Say...none of those records belong next to a Shook One's Pt. 2, Nuthin' But a G Thang, Gin & Juice, Mind Playin' Tricks On Me, T.R.O.Y., etc. They are a tier below or several tiers below. So I ask myself how the hell can you be the goat and not have an undisputed hip-hop record? Jay-Z seems like an album rapper/deep-cuts guy. Yeah, we fan out about joints like Dynasty Intro...but honestly is that a bigger record or intro than Dreams & Nightmares by Meek Mill. Everybody knows the words to that intro even people who don't really like Meek Mill. At the time I was in my own world as a Jay-Z fan growing up and loving a lot of his stuff. Being older and looking back really gives you a different perspective.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
TCOOv.png

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
U Don't Know might be the closet song he has to a hip hop classic.:patrice:

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP @N*E*R*D

Are you saying Eminem's songs have a better chance that can be a top 10 hip-hop of all time than Jay-Z? I mean like Lose Yourself song?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No but top 10 all time means 99% aren’t making the list lol

Fight the power
CREAM
Straight outta Compton
Shook ones pt2
Juicy
The message
Rappers delight
Children’s story
Paid in full
Dear mama
Nothing but a g thing
Planet rock
Troy
Gin and juice
Stan
Lose yourself
Brenda’s got a baby
Mass appeal

Off top based off of importance and impact to rap. Idk Hov may not make top 25. The essential Jay song maybe Izzo or hard knock life but compared to others it doesn’t come close

Nas doesn’t make it but I think NY State of mind is top 25

I’m sure there’s a lot more that could make it. But whatever the 10 is I don’t think the list is changing anytime soon

Last edited: