Does Jay-Z have a top 10 hip-hop song of all time?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Memory lane is def not a top 10 track :ufdup: See yall tellin on yourself. A personal favorite, somwwhat indie track from Nas can be top 10 ever but not one from jay

You listing great songs but it’s TOP TEN EVER. You could NOT list them and no one would bat an eye. Someone above listed like 15 songs all of them have an argument

As far as Juicy…

:mjgrin:

That’s not a reference track. It’s just a song that uses the same sample.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Memory lane is def not a top 10 track :ufdup: See yall tellin on yourself. A personal favorite, somwwhat indie track from Nas can be top 10 ever but not one from jay

You listing great songs but it’s TOP TEN EVER. You could NOT list them and no one would bat an eye. Someone above listed like 15 songs all of them have an argument

As far as Juicy…

:mjgrin:

Nikkas sound like my 7 year old cousins with this shyt. Everytime they learn a new fact it’s non stop. “Did you know that…”

We get it nikka. Wait until you hear about this thing called sampling!

Juicy still GOAT.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If someone said Dead Presidents II was a top ten song I wouldn't bat an eye, whether I agree or not. For me personally if I just named off a top ten, with obvious choices like Shook Ones, I probably don't list a Jay song tho.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nope.

But just like people pointing up how he was never the hottest, sold the most, didn't do or have this at this specific time, Jay's strenght is being well rounded, long lived and consistantly having one of the top tier spots on some level.
I agree..

People in here with these forced Jay songs..lol

Jay has nothing on the level of The Message which is still sampled to this day. Even Pete Rock and CL T.R.O.Y. type song thats played decade after decade.

When you talk top 10 records you probably gonna have more Baby Got Back type records than a actual lyrical rappers song.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
the message
fight the power
nuthin but a g thang
juicy
cream

^those five i think are indisputable

then id do:

shook ones pt 2
TROY
mind playing tricks on me
fukk the police

cant call the last song though

Memory Lane

dreskii

Pro
Daps
damn, immediate thought when seeing this thread title was.. of course he does..

then i see the lists and i can't argue against them.

I think his strongest contenders would be... PSA, 99 problems and ... one of the reasonable doubt classics (can i live, brooklyns finest, can't knock the hustle).

shoutout to the contributors in this thread though, 10 most goated hiphop tracks is def not explored enough.. mostly because it's hard as fukk to crack but it's fun to think about.

my 10 in no order and without an intense deep dive. (i'm an early 90s baby so obvious bias)

g thang
notorious thugs
TROY
93 till infinity
can i kick it
dear mama
crossroads
juicy
shook ones
fukk tha police

loose criteria of.. impact, timelessness

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Why is this 9 pages? The hoevengers really fighting reality that badly? The answer is simply no.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This can be asked about any rapper :yawn:

Perhaps probably Dr Dre.

In a general top 10 list Outkast songs like Ms Jackson and Hey Ya have a higher probability of being on the list than any Jay, Nas or Pac song.

G thing and Still DRE are undeniable.