• No

Votes: 24 15.9%

• Total voters

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Hell Hath No Fury is they're masterpiece. The only issue with that album was that it dropped 4 years too late right when hip hop was in the ringtone era which is why it got slept on so heavy.

Lord Willin isn't a classic to me but it's a damn good album though.

Til The Casket Drop was alright but slightly disappointing when it came out for me.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
No, they have a couple classic SONGS.

Whole albums being classic is a stretch.

Maybe I'm just using the word 'classic' in a different way than OP.

:manny:

I don’t understand this need to call everything you like a classic. Some album can just be dope. Like FlimFlam said just before - if everything is classic then nothing is.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I don’t understand this need to call everything you like a classic. Some album can just be dope. Like FlimFlam said just before - if everything is classic then nothing is.
Who says there can only be so many classics? The whole thing is subjective anyway. I feel anything can be a classic so long as it is a high quality work. If it holds any significance towards hip hop history, I feel an argument can be made that it's a classic album. Holding up is a bonus because some albums may have had a big impact and influence but sounds very dated.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Who says there can only be so many classics? The whole thing is subjective anyway. I feel anything can be a classic so long as it is a high quality work. If it holds any significance towards hip hop history, I feel an argument can be made that it's a classic album. Holding up is a bonus because some albums may have had a big impact and influence but sounds very dated.

I’m not saying there’s a limit or a set amount of classics but if you call everything a classic then it basically nothing a classic in the true sense of the word. If every album that is above average gets lumped in with the classics then what makes them any different to the true standout albums of the genre?

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I’m not saying there’s a limit or a set amount of classics but if you call everything a classic then it basically nothing a classic in the true sense of the word. If every album that is above average gets lumped in with the classics then what makes them any different to the true standout albums of the genre?
nothing is a classic "in the true sense". All music has a shelf life. As the years go on...less and less people will like these albums we're talkin about, not more. 100 years from now people either a) won't be talking about it all or b) looking at this music the way we look at folk music from the early 1900s. Enjoy and praise the good music while it still has enough relevence to praise and enjoy.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ISO