Doggie Diamonds #NoFilter: Peedi Crakk episode (Jay Z, Rocafella, State Prop, Cam'ron, Kanye, Meek)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think this was the last thing I heard Crakk on. I timestamped it for those that don't wanna hear 20 Philly spittas

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good episode. But what separates Drink Champs, Tax season and Combat Jack from Doggie Diamonds is that those other 3 shows have industry connections. Especially Combat and NORE, they can relate and make connections to industry people, studios, entertainer attorneys etc.

There were times on this episode when Peedi was naming NY studios and other industry people and Doggie Diamonds had no idea who they were.
:ld:
But the good part about this podcast is DD doesn't cut nikkaz off in the middle of stories

:blessed:

Doggie Diamonds was part of group that had a major record deal before. But since he's never really been paid by the music industry, he doesn't give two shyts about the execs, or what studio everyone is recording in, and who Jay-Z hangs out with etc etc etc.

When you think about it, go through all the names of the industry people and places that Doggie Diamonds didn't know.... most of that stuff isn't that important to the story. Those people aren't the stars. Nore dedicates at least 5 minutes an episode to big up or name drop industry people, I love his podcast but I find that shyt even less interesting than the "azz eating" & "hip-hop flag" discussions.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nore's podcast isn't as focused as it should be for me. i know part of the point is that they're drinking and fukking around but i wanna hear piff stories about beans breaking CDs and shyt. i guess it opens up more room for people to come on more than one episode but :yeshrug:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
peedi was supposed to do a mixtape with questlove but :snoop: it's been almost 5 years and the shyt never came out
all i can do is smh bro... nikka fit perfectly with them and i feel like Questlove was grooming him to be part of the group with those collabs that they did but shyt never went past that.

listen to his verse @ 1:34... ridiculous

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haha that Cam story is funny, but I always sided with Jay because he set up Peedi to win. He's probably one of the reason Jay stop investing so much into artist.
If you was jay knowing what you know from this entire roc situation not just peedi can you really blame him? honest question knowing the little bit we know now :francis:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
all i can do is smh bro... nikka fit perfectly with them and i feel like Questlove was grooming him to be part of the group with those collabs that they did but shyt never went past that.

listen to his verse @ 1:34... ridiculous

I never liked peedi that much outside of this song. He killed this though:ehh:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I know Peedi personally.

He owed me a favor but I don't even want it anymore. My old head is his DJ tho.

Always thought he had a star quality.

Sometimes you just have a limited amount of time to blow if and if you don't get it within that time frame, you missed out.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Good episode. But what separates Drink Champs, Tax season and Combat Jack from Doggie Diamonds is that those other 3 shows have industry connections. Especially Combat and NORE, they can relate and make connections to industry people, studios, entertainer attorneys etc.

There were times on this episode when Peedi was naming NY studios and other industry people and Doggie Diamonds had no idea who they were.
:ld:
But the good part about this podcast is DD doesn't cut nikkaz off in the middle of stories

:blessed:
Doggie Diamonds been in the industry since the early 90s. Junior Mafia and Biggie recorded a lot of their shyt in his studio, and he had the group Lil b*stards back in the 90s. Him not knowing studios because he forgot probably but he's been around the industry for over 25 years.