Doggie Diamonds #NoFilter: Peedi Crakk episode (Jay Z, Rocafella, State Prop, Cam'ron, Kanye, Meek)

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
My son Doggie Diamonds got the 4th biggest music podcast this week!

i'm more than halfway through this peedi episode and this is really really great. i like the way this flows because it's just the 2 of them talkin' and not a lot of muthafukkas talkin' over each other and all that. real great listen

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
man, peedi had so much potential. he really should've been a star

the 1 thing i like about this interview is how well they went back in time and then all the way up to the present and i like the fact that peedi kept it all the way 100
it seems like to him he had fun when it the stars aligned and when shyt hit the fan, he kept it movin'
i also like the fact that he seems at peace and cool with eveythin', like it's all good with him
this is a really great interview

here's my question again though, what's some of his mixtapes to check out? as big of a fan as i was of his, i never did check for his mixtapes

@FreshAIG you up on his mixtapes? which 1s to check for?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he really wanted it. I think he did in the beginning but once he got there, was like NAAAAAAAAH. Every other rapper in Philly works, but aside from a few verses for The Roots, and some Jakk Frost ish, and random Philly tracks, he doesn't put out material. Actually, s Beans doesn't really work either. IMO, Free, Oschino, Chris are the order of hard working Chain Gang members. But Chris still tryna be a major, O was full-time hustler that rapped.
They just burnt out from all that smoking, and pills, especially that wet. When he said he couldn't get drunk when dame was giving him alcohol to sign him, because he was always burnt out, I know exactly what he means. At one time I could drink all day, and just get tired. If he still drinks, and smokes, his dopamine will be low, and that kills your motivation.

If he gets into the gym, and rebuild his shyt, watch him get that hunger back. Like my man said, he still looks young, and a lot of young people don't know him, so he can make a come back like 2 chainz did. He got that preety thug swag. pause. Women love that. That's what will be his selling point. He just needs to make shyt that caters to them without being a simp.

This is my workout shyt right here:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Man..its fukked up..I remember trying to work the one for peedi record in 02'.

The one without Cam of course. :stopitslime::mjcry:

I used to slap that shyt.

People actually took interest.

Def Jam/Roc had a star in Peedi, I think both Jay and Dame seen the talent.

The problem with, like he said, he really dont owe niccas shyt, from Beans to Freeway, which means nobody had his back.

Like a lot of people, including Doggie, the perception was they all came up in Philly together, as to give it that comradery and not just a put together group.

That was a pretty darn good interview

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Simple, it's because we respect Philly dudes on a street level. NYC dudes have always been notorious for not respecting people from other places, but Philly is one of the exceptions. There are some similarities, but there's a lot of differences that make Philly fascinating. We have Brooklyn/Bronx/Harlem/Queens, they have North, South, West & Southwest Philly and they rep the same as we do our boroughs & hoods. Everybody is Muslim out there, everyone is in and out of jail for one reason or another, no one seems to really get along.... it's ill.
You may not look at it that way, because you come from that environment.
Philly is interesting, its a big city, but you can't just move to the other side of town and lay low, you gon always run into the same people lol

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
This interview hilarious lol

Peedi was like

"what's one of those lil bullshyt ass labels?"

"Maybe if I was on loud or some shyt"

:dead:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Crank
man, peedi had so much potential. he really should've been a star

the 1 thing i like about this interview is how well they went back in time and then all the way up to the present and i like the fact that peedi kept it all the way 100
it seems like to him he had fun when it the stars aligned and when shyt hit the fan, he kept it movin'
i also like the fact that he seems at peace and cool with eveythin', like it's all good with him
this is a really great interview

here's my question again though, what's some of his mixtapes to check out? as big of a fan as i was of his, i never did check for his mixtapes

@FreshAIG you up on his mixtapes? which 1s to check for?

Crakk files 3 (1st tape that made me realize how talented crakk was)
Crakk muzik
Welcome to crack house
Pimp ya pen

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait does no one see how peedi was fukking up his own blessings :francis:

I keep seeing he had next but blaming others Im like do you see what was he doing to fukk it up?:dwillhuh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wait does no one see how peedi was fukking up his own blessings :francis:

I keep seeing he had next but blaming others Im like do you see what was he doing to fukk it up?:dwillhuh:

Which were? I mean, he was on the run prior to signing with the Roc. But his push was minimum at best. He "had next" but had no push...how many tracks was he on? features? His street ish barely made it out of Philly, so you can't say he wasn't working at all. When someone has next, you put them everywhere...especially in those days...pre-mixtape days.

As far as the budget, his budget him going on trip on the budget is ish the average musician does. Everything you do comes out of the budget anyway.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Which were? I mean, he was on the run prior to signing with the Roc. But his push was minimum at best. He "had next" but had no push...how many tracks was he on? features? His street ish barely made it out of Philly, so you can't say he wasn't working at all. When someone has next, you put them everywhere...especially in those days...pre-mixtape days.

As far as the budget, his budget him going on trip on the budget is ish the average musician does. Everything you do comes out of the budget anyway.
If you listen to the interview peedi even admits he got more of a push (got videos before other dudes) than a lot of the other state prop dudes even though he signed last