Drake: [Kendrick] been doing the same bait and switch for 10 years where he drops a verse to hype everyone up and then nothing ever happens

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Naw you can’t have it both ways

1. Control
2. The heart pt 4
3. Family ties
4. Like that

Every time the fans and media say Kendrick killed them, he’s begging yall to rap but when somebody responds it’s “they’re clout chasing” “Kendrick is too good to respond” “drake is begging” “Kendrick should let it die down and wait”

It doesn’t work like that. It’s just proving that fans are hypocrites
Drake just said he been anticipating this for 10 years and then took 3 weeks. Why does he get such a long grace period and Kendrick doesn't?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drake took longer and just said, "I'm always ready to defend myself, I'm always ready to engage." Make it make sense please. lol
So why did it take drake ten years to drop kendrick's name? :jbhmm:

Drake has ALWAYS responded to Kendrick shots though

Kendrick has never said Drake name and the excuse has been “we know who he is talking about”

But Drake has been the first to actually say Kendrick’s name which means let’s fight

So what exactly do yall want Drake to do? He didn’t want to beef with Kendrick k dot is the one who started and wanted this

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Drake took longer and just said, "I'm always ready to defend myself, I'm always ready to engage." Make it make sense please. lol

You putting Drake on the clock when Like That was a response to a song from last year (First Person Shooter)

And Drake responded twice since Like That, while we're still waiting on Kendrick's rebuttal to the first response

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Drake has ALWAYS responded to Kendrick shots though

But Drake has been the first to actually say Kendrick’s name which means let’s fight

So what exactly do yall want Drake to do? He didn’t want to beef with Kendrick k for is the one who started this
It took him 3 weeks to reply to Like That which he just said he was anticipating for 10 years. No way around that.
And if he didn't want beef then why all the subs. The standards seems to be shifting.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You putting Drake on the clock when Like That was a response to a song from last year (First Person Shooter)

And Drake responded twice since Like That, while we're still waiting on Kendrick's rebuttal to the first response
It still took Drake longer than we are out from Push Ups. Seems like these response time rules aren't consistent. lol

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Drake just said he been anticipating this for 10 years and then took 3 weeks. Why does he get such a long grace period and Kendrick doesn't?

You keep mentioning "3 weeks" like Rory and Mal weren't quoting Push Ups on their podcast a week before we all heard it lol

...And a week before the 2nd Metro album full of shots at Drake. You're conveniently forgetting its more people than just Kendrick vs Drake.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You keep mentioning "3 weeks" like Rory and Mal weren't quoting Push Ups on their podcast a week before we all heard it lol

...And a week before the 2nd Metro album full of shots at Drake. You're conveniently forgetting its more people than just Kendrick vs Drake.
Maybe Kendrick doesn't watch Rory an Mal like you do. lol You can't be seriously using that as the dis being out.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took him 3 weeks to reply to Like That which he just said he was anticipating for 10 years. No way around that.
And if he didn't want beef then why all the subs. The standards seems to be shifting.

The standards aren’t shifting

Y’all just have an issue with dude actually defending himself and him actually calling for the smoke

I do think dot should at least have 3-4 weeks to respond though but he’s been the one asking for this which is why I don’t understand the hesitation

It is what it is

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps

Not exactly. It's obvious why Drake waited to respond to Like That: There was a second album on the way.

Metro and Future dedicated this project to dissing this nikka. He obviously waited to see what else they had to say and if there was additional people who needed to be addressed.

Kendrick ain't in the same predicament. Kendrick has one guy to fight who has already responded twice. We don't know when Dot recorded Like That, but its clear he didn't have a follow-up ready to go in the event Drake came back at him.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
They both have been throwing subliminals at each other for the past decade.

This nikka always tries to be the victim when things aren't in his favor and then runs to that fat fukk to be his mouth piece.

That his cac side....

Whiteboi

full

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
While I agree Kendrick should promptly drop something, Drake not letting his diss response speak for him is showing the track isn't getting traction and opens the door for Kendrick to highlight this whenever he drops

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Y’all just have an issue with dude actually defending himself and him actually calling for the smoke

I do think dot should at least have 3-4 weeks to respond though but he’s been the one asking for this which is why I don’t understand the hesitation

It is what it is

There’s no winning this for either side cause the constant moving of goalposts

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It is what it is
I don't have an issue with Drake defending himself. I applauded Push Ups and said no matter what happens Drake has represented himself well in the battle based on that song.
I'm just discounting the dis response clock. It's bullshyt and not even true. Everyone will listen to and count the Kendrick response in the battle. Talk of anything else is false.