Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Now that Carmelo Anthony is finally ready to shut himself down for the season, the Knicks’ attention can fully turn to remaking their roster.

Though there are plenty of moves to be made in the short term, there’s one huge, fortune-reversing signing out there for the summer of 2016 — and not even Kevin Durant is thinking that far ahead.

“I just don’t know who’s gonna be competitive, who’s not gonna be, you know?” Durant said in an interview with GQ magazine. “That’s why I can’t really think too far in my mind. Because you don’t know who’s going to be where. You know what I’m saying? It’s something you can’t control.”

The Knicks know that all too well. They’ve been spurned by LeBron James — twice — and their biggest free-agent splurge, Amar’e Stoudemire, just took a buyout after an injury-plagued five-season tenure at the Garden.

But in the NBA, where it seems bad teams focus more on future cap space than anything else, Durant is the next megastar available.

Durant, who has shown a previously uncharacteristic surly side in recent weeks — both with opposing players and the media — didn’t sound enamored of the talent surrounding him in Oklahoma City.

“Players are paid to do their jobs, no matter who’s on the court,” Durant said. “And as superstars, you gotta lead what you have. You gotta make them better. Some players might be better than others. Some teams might be better than others. You gotta do your job, and you gotta trust that the front office is going to do their job. It’s hard, though. You know what I’m saying? Because it’s like, s–t, I want win. Obviously our players aren’t as good as, you know, than they were before. But you have to figure it out.”

Durant’s series of injuries this season — as well as a prolonged Russell Westbrook absence — have left the Thunder fighting just to get into the Western Conference playoffs. And that patch of on-court adversity has coincided with the reveal of more combative or self-interested aspects of Durant’s personality.

During All-Star weekend, Durant told the assembled media: “You guys really don’t know s–t. To be honest, man, I’m only here talking to y’all because I have to.” But in a calmer interview for the GQ piece, he attributes the openness to newfound maturity.

“I’ve been so emotional since I’ve grown up. As a kid you’re taught not to be emotional. And I feel like I’m starting to let it all out,” Durant said. That includes being clear about his demeanor on the hardwood — “When I’m on the court, I’m a total a–hole. I’m a d–k” — and opening up about the collapse of his engagement to WNBA player Monica Wright: “I had a fiancee, but … I didn’t really know how to, like, love her. … I didn’t love her the right way.”

The taking-care-of-me trend perhaps began with Durant’s surprising decision to withdraw from Team USA last summer.

“I just didn’t feel like playing,” Durant said. “Simple. I was good, mentally, physically. I just wanted to have the rest of my summer to myself.”

All of this means that while Durant already signed one long-term deal with the Thunder, there’s no guarantee he’ll sign another.

“I was loyal,” Durant said. “If it comes down to that, I mean: I was. My deal’s up in 2016. I’ll have been here nine years. I could have easily wanted out. I could have easily not signed the extension after my rookie contract. I could have not played as hard every night. But people tend to forget.”

Durant also didn’t sound too enthusiastic about a potential return to the Washington, DC, area to join the Wizards, which has been one widely discussed rumor.

“It gets overwhelming,” Durant said of playing near his hometown. “So many people, man. Everybody wants a piece of you.”

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/the-kev...und-wide-open/

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
And play with a flabby Carmelo?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
KD%20daily%20oklahoman_1398966368767_4320806_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Those comments looked like they worked today. Presti heard the things KD was saying like:sadcam:. Was working double time and made some great moves:ld:. Nothing wrong with putting pressure on FOs once in a while. Magic did it, and so did Kobe Thats how things get done in the NBA:francis:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
With the cap supposedly increasing to 85+, the league is this dude's oyster. I don't believe he goes to DC. That frontcourt will be old an slow.

He and Anthony Davis together would be ungodly. It's a ton of other teams looking that could try to appeal to him too.