Edit: I'm An Idiot

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Who's raising yall new nikkas? :patrice:

Naw but for real you shouldn't let that shyt creep you out. It's history. It's black music from a period when we were about shyt other than partying and bullshyting

Lol, the piano and the vintage sounds makes it sound "creepy" not the subject matter per say. :francis: I'm only 20 breh, my music knowledge is second hand from my parents.....When I first heard this song I thought nothing of it....Until I found out just recently breh.

Last edited:

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Guys give me a break, I was born in 96....I don't have the background that ya'll have for fukks sakes. My mom's has a Soul and Jazz collection with a Holiday's collection and she'd play this song endlessly but, it was just a song to me and nothing more. I was looking up the song after hearing the sample flipped on this track and found out the in depth meaning of the song. Let a young breh live.

@bdizzle @gabbo @Y2Dre @ThreeLetterAgency @CashmereEsquire

Just a 90's babies mistake brehs. Won't happen again. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How can you have heard that song before and not known what it was about :what:
And if you found it disturbing then you either don't get the point of the song or you must think deep down in your heart that black people should still be slaves. Either I question anyone who says they don't get the song or is disturbed by it. The song is powerful and beautiful in the way it drives home a very important point that must never be forgotten.
Fun fact about the song, actor billy crystal's father was one of the original producers of the song.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Guys give me a break, I was born in 96....I don't have the background that ya'll have for fukks sakes. My mom's has a Soul and Jazz collection with a Holiday's collection and she'd play this song endlessly but, it was just a song to me and nothing more. I was looking up the song after hearing the sample flipped on this track and found out the in depth meaning of the song. Let a young breh live.

@bdizzle @gabbo @Y2Dre @ThreeLetterAgency

Just a 90's babies mistake brehs.

If you bothered to listen to the words you would have understood it the first time. It isn't one line, the entire theme of the song is about slavery, racism, and lynchings. If you didn't hear it it's because you didn't want to hear the harsh truth, but we at the coli applaud your new found wokeness and can suggest a few books to read to further develop your mind.
I reccomend starting with the autobiography of Malcolm x.