Edit: I'm An Idiot

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
If you bothered to listen to the words you would have understood it the first time. It isn't one line, the entire theme of the song is about slavery, racism, and lynchings. If you didn't hear it it's because you didn't want to hear the harsh truth, but we at the coli applaud your new found wokeness and can suggest a few books to read to further develop your mind.
I reccomend starting with the autobiography of Malcolm x.

Alight cool, but, I was just a teen when I first heard it. :yeshrug:The more you know.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
Lol, the piano and the vintage sounds makes it sound "creepy" not the subject matter per say. :francis: I'm only 20 breh, my music knowledge is second hand from my parents.....When I first heard this song I thought nothing of it....Until I found just recently breh.

:comeon: Breh that song was composed in the 1930s, none of our parents were even born let alone us and yet we know the song and it's meaning. Come on now. You have to be joking.

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
:comeon: Breh that song was composed in the 1930s, none of our parents were even born let alone us and yet we know the song and it's meaning. Come on now. You have to be joking.

Not trolling.

I just stumbled upon the info today....But, I didn't know it was common knowledge, my bad. When trying to be woke goes wrong. I'll take the L in stride and let this be a lesson learned. :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who's raising yall new nikkas? :patrice:

Naw but for real you shouldn't let that shyt creep you out.
It's history. It's black music from a period when we were about shyt other than partying and bullshyting
i know what he means tho, the song is eerie as fukk. as intended

the subject matter is fukkin horrific too :scusthov: i cant even believe that shyt was happening 60 years ago that blatantly

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
i know what he means tho, the song is eerie as fukk. as intended

the subject matter is fukkin horrific too :scusthov: i cant even believe that shyt was happening 60 years ago that blatantly
Right. I remember the first time I heard it, it was in the movie Tales From The Hood. That shyt gave me chills listening to it. Eerie is the perfect word to describe it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Powerful song. :wow:

One of the most powerful and moving songs evs
20802.jpg

:wow: