Educate me on how liberal economic policies help black males.....

jackson35

Banned
Daps
the only problem for us at the height of these policys is that we did not practice self determination when it was a dominant discussion. kennedy and president johnson started putting out povery programs to make us dependent and docile, when we were suppose to take the same funds and use them to african principles instead we adhere to us govt policys

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I vote 3rd party whenever possible because they align more with my interest/priorities:yeshrug:I am not endorsing republicans.
That makes no sense since there are more than 2 parties in this country. So let's quit being facetious. There is no generic "3rd party". Voting libertarian is not the equivalent of voting green party. Their values do not align.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the only problem for us at the height of these policys is that we did not practice self determination when it was a dominant discussion. kennedy and president johnson started putting out povery programs to make us dependent and docile, when we were suppose to take the same funds and use them to african principles instead we adhere to us govt policys
You have no idea what you're talking about. You guys don't get to blame Johnson for making you dependent on government programs, and then blame Reagan for taking those programs away.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
They are not victims of the same trauma and discrimination that makes these safety nets debilitating.
The more pressing point being that whites benefit most from these policies trumpeted as pro black.
wow, now you're just making it up as you go along. the same social safety net can help others, but blacks are particularly unique in that a bootstraps approach is required. slavery is so hardwired into our DNA that the only way to make us work and achieve something is to make our very survival dependent on it. :wow:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
That makes no sense since there are more than 2 parties in this country. So let's quit being facetious. There is no generic "3rd party". Voting libertarian is not the equivalent of voting green party. Their values do not align.
:hubie:Guilty, i vote libertarian.
I favor their position on issues important to me.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
wow, now you're just making it up as you go along. the same social safety net can help others, but blacks are particularly unique in that a bootstraps approach is required. slavery is so hardwired into our DNA that the only way to make us work and achieve something is to make our very survival dependent on it. :wow:
I haven't suggested one once of bootstrapping by blacks:dwillhuh: In fact I've clearly stated the opposite and demanded redress from the state.

The data clearly shows other demographics(white women in particular) benefiting more from these sort of programs than blacks... whether or not you accept this to be true doesn't change the fact that it is.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:hubie:Guilty, i vote libertarian.
I favor their position on issues important to me.
We know you do.

But this idea that you vote "3rd party" is a cop out as if you're taking some moral high ground that prevents bias and uplifts blacks. Your stance just makes you feel good about yourself.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are not victims of the same trauma and discrimination that makes these safety nets debilitating.
The more pressing point being that whites benefit most from these policies trumpeted as pro black.
How do you know this for sure?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
We know you do.

But this idea that you vote "3rd party" is a cop out as if you're taking some moral high ground that prevents bias and uplifts blacks. Your stance just makes you feel good about yourself.
Voting against the expansion/strengthening/stabilization of a white supremacy enforcing state absolutely makes me feel good about myself... i wouldnt call it a moral high road though.
What exactly do you disagree or take issue with though?:ld:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You have no idea what you're talking about. You guys don't get to blame Johnson for making you dependent on government programs, and then blame Reagan for taking those programs away.
i take it you don't because you failed to tell me where i was wrong in my statement? most of the black nationalist got those huge poverty program funds, what happen?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
American chattel slavery was a unique experience. As was the state enforced poverty that followed and continues to this day.
I agree that the black experience with america was unique

However the racism factors that make the safety net debilitating should in theory apply to other non-whites as well.

The idea that the trauma our ancestors endured from slavery is so embedded in BA dna that it effects a man's day to day decision making is ludicrous so please miss me with that in advance.

Also feel free to be real with your answer because I do generally agree with some of your thoughts about the architecture of this society/ the dangers of learned helplessness in black americans but some of the nuance loses me. On everything I'm not a part of a bytch nikka mentality I see prevalent here in trying to bait certain responses to call out later for daps.

Don't give me the Russell Wilson postgame interview answers keep it a stack

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The idea that the trauma our ancestors endured from slavery is so embedded in BA'd dna that it effects a man's day to day decision making is ludicrous so please miss me with that in advance.
:manny:Its true though... and its not just slavery. Its decades of discrimination and persecution at the hands of the state.
The feeling of hopelessness... that the game is rigged against you, and no matter how hard you work you cant win definitely affects our day to day decision making.

In addition to that the disdain for blacks is more ingrained in cacs then cism for any other race.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny:Its true though... and its not just slavery. Its decades of discrimination and persecution at the hands of the state.
The feeling of hopelessness... that the game is rigged against you, and no matter how hard you work you cant win definitely affects our day to day decision making.

In addition to that the disdain for blacks is more ingrained in cacs then cism for any other race.
But as it pertains to social safety nets? And Latino's gaining wealth in spite of them?

Mentally I'm applying a personal rule to racial social theory that it has to be consistent with all races across the spectrum because most of them are made with only a black/white binary in mind.

If safety nets are bad for debilitating black folks because of racist meddlers

How are other groups succeeding with said safety nets? Including foreign black folks.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
But as it pertains to social safety nets? And Latino's gaining wealth in spite of them?

Mentally I'm applying a personal rule to racial social theory that it has to be consistent with all races across the spectrum because most of them are made with only a black/white binary in mind.

If safety nets are bad for debilitating black folks because of racist meddlers

How are other groups succeeding with said safety nets? Including foreign black folks.

Less integration....

Pretty much it.

More code, more unity, less destructive influences.