Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
Aww Hell naw......

If this is gonna be a common aspect in the Corporate world

I need to RETIRE immediately.....

Funny in all my 20 plus years of working Corporate

I never seen a sensitivity course teaching management and whites how to be more respectful and inclusive of BLACK PEOPLE

yet we got all types of courses of sensitivity for hoes and handicapped and now SODOMITES

:why: mane fukk this country
The LGBTQI community has representatives at EVERY rung of society.
Of whom, several of the most powerful/influential members have no interest in denying themselves and their identity in order to assimilate into the larger straight culture.
Can the same be said of Black people in America? :usure:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw a 30 rock episode where they referred to a transvestite prostitute as "shim" I wonder how they got away with it.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
HopeKillCure said:
It was a mandatory sensitivity training course that we had to take to be more inclusive and respectful to people who part of that queer (not offensive apparently) community.

Fukk all that. When are Black people getting reparations?

All this training and I ain't seen a check yet.

:martin:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
The LGBTQI community has representatives at EVERY rung of society.
Of whom, several of the most powerful/influential members have no interest in denying themselves and their identity in order to assimilate into the larger straight culture.
Can the same be said of Black people in America? :usure:

and im pretty sure you as an intelligent "black man" should know the answer to this :mjpls:

and if not i can help you with that....

three words: WE ARE ROBBED

of any opportunity to be able to hold on to our identity and self intrests as black people once we enter the "cotton field" known as CORPORATE AMERICA

i know this because i SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE! :umad:

when i landed the title of "Property Mgr" of some hiend condos in a southern coastal city in Georgia

i became something OTHER THAN MYSELF....on many occasions even my friends noticed it'

i realized as my POPS taught me...I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT (WHITE) COMPLEXION FOR THE PROTECTION

being BLACK MAKES YOU THREATNING BY DEFAULT no matter how NICE OR c00nISH you TRY TO BE :umad:

so we CAN NEVER WIN LIKE THE "GAYS"

i recall taking over the afternoon shift for somebody that called in....i was just coming in from the YMCA gym playing a lil hoops with my homeboy

as im going up the elevator to the condo unit which doubled as our office where we changed at

i bumped into one of my "residents" a Jewish Couple who didn't even say hello or anything

just questioned me..."What you doing here and what's that (pointing to bag)"

i simply explained in a courteous manner i got called in and i have my gym clothes .....no big deal ...so i thought :snoop:

this byatch went to my real estate supervisor and told him that i was RUDE and it looked like i had some WEAPONS in my duffle bag"
:why:

do you know that situation costed me not only a RAISE i was guranteed to have but also a PROMOTION....

basically what they was telling me is...

N1GGA WE DON'T WANNA SEE YOU NOR RESPECT YOU UNLESS YOU GOT THEM FIELD N1GGAS CLOTHES ON (suit and tie) ... :pacspit:

and it was true..i remember the Real Estate supervisor wife..a white lady whom I THOUGHT RESPECTED ME....saw me in the mall walked right past me and ignored me like a mofo cause simply MY BLACK AZZ WAS JUST ANOTHER N1GGA in the mall to her.......

we as BLACKS are in controlled environments when we enter the workplace

GAYS AIN'T SUBJECT TO THAT SHYT.....

because as long as they WHITE they are PART OF THE STATUS QUO

she ain't gottta change her hairstyle like "tameka" who can't wear CORNROWS on the set of a News Broadcast she bout to do

he ain't gotta avoid PLAYING THE URBAN RADIO STATION on the office pandora soundsystem in his cubicle cause his coworkers and mgmt consider it JUNGLE MUSIC..

see THEY DON'T HAVE TO CONFORM...but WE DO....

get the picture :manny:

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
and im pretty sure you as an intelligent "black man" should know the answer to this :mjpls:

and if not i can help you with that....

three words: WE ARE ROBBED

If you understood this from the beginning, then why did you question it? :why:
Simply being an oppressed minority is not enough to qualify any group as being the same as Blacks in America.
Just because THEY draw similarities between their quest for acceptance and the African American struggle, shouldn't mean that you accept that wholesale.
They're treated differently from us because they are different from us.
No other group in the U.S. shares the history of the Black Man, Woman, and Child.
How could the dynamic ever possibly be the same, when none of the variables are?

What we lack is power.
How to attain it and how to be effective stewards of it should be our primary concern.
But sometimes I think WS has been far too effective at its job for that to ever come about.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Aww Hell naw......

If this is gonna be a common aspect in the Corporate world

I need to RETIRE immediately.....

Funny in all my 20 plus years of working Corporate

I never seen a sensitivity course teaching management and whites how to be more respectful and inclusive of BLACK PEOPLE

yet we got all types of courses of sensitivity for hoes and handicapped and now SODOMITES

:why: mane fukk this country
I touched on this after our gay white male instructor tried to break bad on me:

Me: All these different labels are killing me :gucci:

Him: oh it must be so nice to just have 1 convenient way to describe yourself:smugfavre:

Me: oh..:stopitslime:... :francis: :ufdup: so will you be focusing on the racial and gender inequality in the queer community going forward?:comeon:

Him:
full

Me: Rich white gay men are clearly the face and the most influential in your community, why isn't more attention being paid to the lesbian, trans women, and minorities in your community. Their experience is clearly much worse than yours as a white gay man.:dame:

Him::beli: yes that's true but like I said before we want to focus on the terms and this overview before going into something so big as racism and gender inequality :leostare:

Me: oh...okay:mjpls:

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
How do you honesty think calling a trans woman a "he she" isn't offensive? She looks, acts, speaks like a SHE/HER.

If its a trans man, he acts, looks, speaks like a HE/HIM.

LOL
You gotta explain the whole "They and them" pronoun then.

I'm not looking crazy talking to 1 person But referring to the person as "them"

I saw Carl yesterday, "them" was coming from lunch. I said hello Carl and "them" said he found a good restaurant around the corner:snoop:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
You gotta explain the whole "They and them" pronoun then.

I'm not looking crazy talking to 1 person But referring to the person as "them"

I saw Carl yesterday, "them" was coming from lunch. I said hello Carl and "them" said he found a good restaurant around the corner:snoop:
Ask the person what their name is if you dont know their pronouns lol. Call them their name (that they tell you).

Ex.
You: I was just talking to Carl. They said they'd come in tomorrow.
Your co worker: Will they be late?
You: Maybe you should call them to make sure.