Florida transplants fleeing in droves over relentless heat, damaging hurricanes

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Florida's far right maga politics is frightening and shocking, like something out of the 40s.
I can see people escaping some of these wild red states for normality.

Then they go on about there's no income tax but everything else is taxed to hell.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Folk don’t realize the cheat code as a transplant is to buy a condo and spend time there during winter months… I know I do… my mom got a condo down in Monroe country on the 4th floor… she don’t have to worry about no flooding or hurricane damage
I feel a lot of ppl don't plan shyt out like they should. They just "get up and go". Their only idea of planning is saving up money to move.

Family Man

Superstar
Daps
Facts breh! These a$$hole literally came and tried to throw around their weight by bidding on houses 50k+ over asking because they sold their shyt hole in NY for a mil.. Then wanna complain when they the ones who increased traffic and shyt.. Dude literally in paper mad cuz he cant flip people off cuz brehs got that act right riding shotgun LITERALLY..

He goin back to ny where he can talk to brehs anyway he want.. :mjlol:
They did the same thing to my beloved Charlotte, NC. It's a shame what they did my city.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Move to a place called the "Sunshine State" and complain about the heat, brehs.

images

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Thinking about moving to Reno to get away from this relentless heat :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
At some point people need to ask themselves “hmmm, why haven’t more humans lived in this area before”.

Developers got idiots living in flood zones, on swamp land, on the side of cliffs, in the desert, in the path of hurricanes, etc……..

:mjlol:
I'll take a hurricane over an earthquake and tornados everyday. But I am biased being from Charleston SC. :pachaha:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It's the insurance, If you have a older build on the coast near water/flood zone you're fukked. If you're going to move to Florida buy inland

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Damn, my family is strongly considering moving to Florida from NYC due to high COL. My sister already lives down there.

My parents used to want to move to NC, but they seem to have forgotten about that state in favor for Florida.

I rather live in Charlotte than anywhere in Florida as a regular person. Charlotte residents don't have to worry about hurricanes being a major threat due to it being far inland....? :lupe: Any charlotte posters here correct me if I'm wrong.

Its way too hot in Florida for me so I'd be a homebody in Florida in the A/C during the summertime, plus that hurricane anxiety is WOAT :damn:

:mjlol: at ppl leaving Florida due to "dangerous wildlife" :comeon: These ppl are acting as if Florida has blood thirsty gators for humans like in those Lake Placid movies :mjlol:

Norf Caro is where it's at my Breh.

Charlotte is a little too big for my tastes but is prolly better than FL.

The weather situ is a huge factor. You're right about the hurricane effect. I wouldn't say we NEVER get touched, but rarely rarely do hurricanes create problems for people far enough inland. I'm about 90 min east of Charlotte and Hurricane Hugo was the only one I remember actually putting pressure on us. That was like.. the 90s? No Google. My uncle told me about a hurricane when he was a kid that showed up in a big way this far inland. That has to have been the 50s.

But. No wildfires. Almost no hurricanes or tornadoes. No droughts. No blizzards. No mudslides. Of course some areas of NC flood, but not like: wipe out your town type shyt. But maybe a few days of annoyance. I don't know of any large geographic areas that are in danger of massive floods. It would be like: the part of town with a large creek running thru will have a few inches of water for a half a day.

Plus we have every terrain from mountains to beaches all within a few hours drive from anywhere in the state. I had the time of my life in the mountains of NC. App State. College years plus another five. Good times.

And. The cost of living is affordable

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Everyone fleeing everywhere in droves at this point.

NY,Cali,Washington,Florida
yup it's the same up here and in European countries

humanity is in a weird space right now with people criss cross migrating looking for a relief they can't find

an ugodly amount of Indians came to Canada and some of them are self deporting thank god :blessed:

but they have had a resounding negative impact here in short order.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I was just talking with an agent who sent me an account that had 12 locations. All of them located in Mobile AL.

Had to decline that risk quick. No way she gonna find a suitable insurance option on that risk

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
My wife’s family is from Florida and they have the most lax attitude towards the weather but they said most of their neighbors have homes in other states to get away from the heat, same as them.

They have a condo on the beach, a family home in Orlando, and a cottage inland. They’re paying a few thousand a month in insurance for everything and it’s high to me, but they have the money and at this point they’ve said the kids are grown and we like where we live and can get away if we want to or if a storm is coming. :hubie:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
A big part of me wants to retire to Florida.. granted I’ve only ever been there 3 times but it was beautiful and the type of living I wanna have when I’m done with work (Ft Myers and Miami)

Get to retire at 50, mandatory at 56 but will probably find a happy medium.. get a sizable pension along with TSP savings.

People seem to not like Florida, but the heat doesn’t bother me in the slightest compared to the cold/snow. Florida seems like a perfect escape