Floyd Mayweather Jr-Manny Pacquiao Master Discussion Thread

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yweather-amir-khan-before-chris-algieri-fight

Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao is preparing for his WBO Welterweight Championship fight against Chris Algieri on Saturday night in Macau, China, but he took time out of his busy schedule to talk about Floyd Mayweather and Amir Khan.
When asked about a possible fight against Mayweather, Pacquiao spoke to Gareth A. Davies of The Telegraph regarding the likelihood that the bout will never happen:

"I'll never be frustrated if the Floyd fight doesn’t happen. Though I'm ready to fight him anytime, anywhere—it's him who refuses. I’ve made it clear that I want to fight him—it’s up to him now.
It's obvious he is avoiding a fight with me. He always makes excuses. Just make the fight and stop talking. I’ve made it clear that my phone line is always open for him to call me.
I pity him because all he thinks and does reflects the worldly aspects of life. He seems to have forgotten his spiritual nourishment"

About facing Khan
One fight Pacquiao did confirm as a possibility is a bout against Khan in England. Pac-Man spoke to Davies about fighting his former sparring partner, saying, “A fight with Amir would be an exciting fight. I can fight him anywhere, even in England. I don't know how much longer I will fight. I’d like to retire in the next few years, so for now I am willing to face anybody.”

Did this dude just say "He seems to have forgotten his spiritual nourishment"..:dead:

12/12/14

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody wants this anymore and all pac wants is a last payday cause he owes arum money

go away both of you

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-pacquiao-mayweather-20141118-story.html

-One official said Mayweather has even mentioned the idea of ending his Showtime deal with consecutive fights against Pacquiao

-We can confirm that Floyd Mayweather definitely wants the Pacquiao fight," a Showtime spokesperson wrote to The Times in an email. "Everyone on our side — Floyd, CBS and Showtime — is advocating for the fight to happen.

-CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves is helping to bring the two sides together and has the respect of Mayweather and Bob Arum

-The guy carrying the ball is Moonves," Arum said. "He and I have talked on a number of occasions and he has suggested we see if we can reach an understanding. I assume, without knowing for a fact, that he's talking to the Mayweather camp."

-One of the leading television executives in the country. I have no idea if he can get [Pacquiao-Mayweather] done or not, though, because I cannot talk for Mayweather," Arum said.

-Officials from both sides have confirmed that proposals have been exchanged this month for a possible fight.

-Arum dismissed reports that he has turned down a $40-million guarantee for Pacquiao to fight Mayweather, with another 35% of the pay-per-view profit. Arum also said it was "erroneous" that he recently presented Moonves with a proposal for a 55%-45% purse split in Mayweather's favor.

-Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, said, "I only hope that Manny doesn't look so good [against Algieri] that it scares Floyd off.":mjlol:

Whose doing the avoiding again........................:sas2:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

-One official said Mayweather has even mentioned the idea of ending his Showtime deal with consecutive fights against Pacquiao

-We can confirm that Floyd Mayweather definitely wants the Pacquiao fight," a Showtime spokesperson wrote to The Times in an email. "Everyone on our side — Floyd, CBS and Showtime — is advocating for the fight to happen.

-CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves is helping to bring the two sides together and has the respect of Mayweather and Bob Arum

-The guy carrying the ball is Moonves," Arum said. "He and I have talked on a number of occasions and he has suggested we see if we can reach an understanding. I assume, without knowing for a fact, that he's talking to the Mayweather camp."

-One of the leading television executives in the country. I have no idea if he can get [Pacquiao-Mayweather] done or not, though, because I cannot talk for Mayweather," Arum said.

-Officials from both sides have confirmed that proposals have been exchanged this month for a possible fight.

-Arum dismissed reports that he has turned down a $40-million guarantee for Pacquiao to fight Mayweather, with another 35% of the pay-per-view profit. Arum also said it was "erroneous" that he recently presented Moonves with a proposal for a 55%-45% purse split in Mayweather's favor.

-Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, said, "I only hope that Manny doesn't look so good [against Algieri] that it scares Floyd off.":mjlol:

Whose doing the avoiding again........................:sas2:

:ohhh:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum believes a fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is possible for 2015, because the networks, HBO and Showtime, are discussing the idea of working together - like their did in 2002 with Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson - to stage a joint Mayweather-Pacquiao pay-per-view event.

According to Arum, CBS Corporation president and CEO Leslie Moonves is brokering the deal. CBS is the parent company of Showtime, which has a six-fight deal with Mayweather. Pacquiao is under contract to HBO, and returns to action this Saturday night in Macau in a title defense against Chris Algieri. "The networks are now already talking" said Arum to GMA News. "I am now more optimistic that the fight is going to happen than I was three or four years ago. I am talking to responsible people who are in touch with the Mayweather guys. All of these people have the ability to move it ahead and make it happen. If it happens, we're considering the Cowboys Stadium. It is the only venue which has the capacity to host a big show such as the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight."

"Still, it depends if Manny wins the fight. All I can say is that now, there's a ray of sunshine that it would be possible"

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-eyes-mayweather-pacquiao-cowboys-stadium--84375

2w4fkig.gif

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Buzz picks up on a Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight

For years now, disagreements over money, drug testing and personal grudges have prevented the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight from happening.
Ego is another reason why the top two boxers of the last decade can't find their way into the ring together. Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38 knockouts) will step into the ring Saturday in a World Boxing Organization welterweight title bout against Chris Algieri (20-0, 8 KOs) in Macao.

Pacquiao is a 9-1 favorite over Algieri, but overshadowing the bout are signs that a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight might occur in 2015. The Pacquaio-Mayweather buzz has been heating up since September when, a few minutes after beating Marcos Maidana, Mayweather was asked about fighting Pacquiao.

"If the Pacquiao fight materializes, let's make it happen," Mayweather said.

And early last month, Floyd Mayweather Sr. told an interviewer, "I'm pretty sure he's gonna get Pacquiao. ... And it needs to happen. Just like [Muhammad] Ali and Joe Frazier, or Ali and George Foreman, something like that, man, it's one of those fights like that. The world wants to see it."

According to key aides for Pacquiao and Mayweather, CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves is helping to bring the two sides together and has the respect of Mayweather and Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter.

"The guy carrying the ball is Moonves," Arum said. "He and I have talked on a number of occasions and he has suggested we see if we can reach an understanding. I assume, without knowing for a fact, that he's talking to the Mayweather camp."

CBS is the parent company of Showtime, which has a six-fight deal with Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs). In his first four bouts, Mayweather has earned purses greater than $30 million per fight.

Moonves, through a CBS spokesman, declined "out of respect for the privacy of the talks," to be interviewed about his involvement in Mayweather-Pacquiao talks. So did Mayweather and Stephen Espinoza, the Showtime vice president who runs its sports division.

"We can confirm that Floyd Mayweather definitely wants the Pacquiao fight," a Showtime spokesperson wrote to The Times in an email. "Everyone on our side — Floyd, CBS and Showtime — is advocating for the fight to happen."