Floyd Mayweather Jr-Manny Pacquiao Master Discussion Thread

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:
So basically what you're trying to insinuate is that Manny's ducking because he said Floyd is avoiding him... But anytime Floyd has been put in front of a camera and asked about a Pacquiao fight its always been, he still got Marquez problems.. when Bob announced that they were currently in talk for the fight, everybody said he was just posturing and trying to use Floyd name to hype up his upcoming fight... when Floyd was asked about he said it was "all lies".. when his father said he thinks the fight will happen, he was thretened to be fired.. You're obviously baised and cant be objective about the discussion. .

Anything that didnt happen within the last 3 months is irrelevant:ufdup:

And Floyd didnt say anything about, or in reference to Manny Pacquaio (when discussing Floyd Sr) except he better keep his mouth shut:umad:

Showtime doesn't = CBS.. If the head of CBS is brokering the deal, Espinoza is probably not involved.. HBO and CBS are negotiating. I refuse to believe you're that stupid to think Bob and Pacquiao dont want the fight... All based on a Vague tweet about Arum "not budging" whatever thats supposed to mean

Showtime doesnt = CBS?:dead:

CBS is only the parent company of Showtime:camby:

What you're saying is the same as me talking sports and some random person says Disney doesnt = ABC and ESPN when it's well known that Disney owns both of em just like CBS owns Showtime:wow:

If you dont know something, then just say it breh. Dont argue just to argue:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Anything that didnt happen within the last 3 months is irrelevant:ufdup:

And Floyd didnt say anything about, or in reference to Manny Pacquaio (when discussing Floyd Sr) except he better keep his mouth shut:umad:

Showtime doesnt = CBS?:dead:

CBS is only the parent company of Showtime:camby:

What you're saying is the same as me talking sports and some random person says Disney doesnt = ABC and ESPN when it's well known that Disney owns both of em just like CBS owns Showtime:wow:

If you dont know something, then just say it breh. Dont argue just to argue:manny:
If CBS owns Showtime how is CBS equal to Showtime. CBS is the parent company. CBS has its own executives and their word supersedes Showtime and its executives. Showtime gets their orders from CBS... they're not the same entity.. CBS = Viacom(before they split)

All the thousands of Floyd interviews where he denies any talks of a matchup is taking place between himself and Pacquiao. Pacquiao has Marquez problems.. or wont do business with Arum.. Pacquiao has to leave TR and sign to Mayweather promotions... and now its "bu bu but Floyd didn't reference to Pacquiao" :camby: What about when Floyd said it was "all lies": when arum said their were talks going on? :mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
If CBS owns Showtime how is CBS equal to Showtime. CBS is the parent company. CBS has its own executives and their word supersedes Showtime and its executives. Showtime gets their orders from CBS...

All the thousands of Floyd interviews where he denies any talks of a matchup is taking place between himself and Pacquiao. Pacquiao has Marquez problems.. or wont do business with Arum.. Pacquiao has to leave TR and sign to Mayweather promotions... and now its "bu bu but Floyd didn't reference to Pacquiao" :camby: What about when Floyd said it was "all lies": when arum said their were talks going on? :mjpls:

Man, Im not about to rehash the same arguments every day and you asking questions I have already answered numerous times. If you dont remember, use the search function:heh:

Bottomline is this, Espinoza wasnt lying....they HAVE been in discussions with TR when you said he was lying because nobody can speak on behalf of Mayweather:umad:

Showtime is gonna be involved in every negotiation, because Showtime will be the one airing the fight (along with HBO). CBS is directly involved to make SURE it gets done this time, because the last couple times it fell thru. Doesnt change the fact that CBS is Showtime's parent company just like Time Warner is HBO's parent company.

Now that talks have been confirmed though, after Espinoza already exposed it last week, please explain WHY you assumed Stephen Espinoza was lying about TR being offered 40 million and 35% PPV upside, knowing that if that wasnt offered, it could've possibly destroyed the entire negotiations because he would be destroying TRs rep in the public/media?:sas1:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And if the offer was 35% upside, what is Mayweather's upside?
If it is 65/35 I wouldn't blame Pacquiao for hardballing 50/50. This fight takes two to tango, no other fight remotely gets any fighter near this payday. Split it and dont make that the hard part of negotiations. Make the networks figure out how to promote it.
:manny:

Respectfully, I disagree. Manny isn't the A side of this fight. Mayweather is still capable of duping almost 900,000 people into buying his PPVs regardless if Manny isn't the opponent. The reality is, Mayweather is still the A side and Manny needs him more than he needs Manny.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Respectfully, I disagree. Manny isn't the A side of this fight. Mayweather is still capable of duping almost 900,000 people into buying his PPVs regardless if Manny isn't the opponent. The reality is, Mayweather is still the A side and Manny needs him more than he needs Manny.

He just did about 1.78 million in 2 fights with Marcos Maidana of all people.

Just browsing their PPV history against same opponents (Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, and JMM....using JMM 3 for Pacquiao since it was the highest of the 4 fight series):

Floyd Mayweather sold 7.28 million PPVs over those 5 fights while Manny Pacquiao sold 5.88 million PPVs against the exact same opponents (again using JMM 3 fight since that was the highest selling PPV they had against each other).

Never has Manny Pacquiao drawn as much as Floyd Mayweather and definitely not now:manny:

35% is a fair split

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
This is a one of a kind fight, so they need each other. This fight will do business that no other fight in boxing can do and possibly will ever do. Maybe Pac could use the big payday more than Floyd, but neither of them need the $. And Floyd needs to beat the 2nd best of his era. They'll both be missing out on something they won't be able to duplicate elsewhere.

That's why I think it's stupid to argue the split at this point. I understand Floyd doing it before, because his opponents $ comes out of his end, but with this fight that shouldn't be the case. Floyd shouldnt be concerned with what Pac is getting. And with Moonves stepping in, money shouldn't be an issue. Either way, if the fight doesn't get done, then someone really messed this up. Until then, let's just hope this gets done.

Then we can get that "controversial" split decision W for Floyd that'll split the country like the OJ Verdict,
1236250399_family-guy-oj-simpson-verdict.gif

and do it all over again. :banderas:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
And if the offer was 35% upside, what is Mayweather's upside?
If it is 65/35 I wouldn't blame Pacquiao for hardballing 50/50. This fight takes two to tango, no other fight remotely gets any fighter near this payday. Split it and dont make that the hard part of negotiations. Make the networks figure out how to promote it.
:manny:
Try to negotiate for 50/50 when you got KTFO and lost a decision in the past 2 years brehs

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
All of these people have the ability to move it ahead and make it happen. If it happens, we're considering the Cowboys Stadium. It is the only venue which has the capacity to host a big show such as the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight."

team :duck: on this no matter how hard Oscar is trying to get this work done.

tmt ain't had a fight outside of the state of nevada in about 10 flipping yrs.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
All of these people have the ability to move it ahead and make it happen. If it happens, we're considering the Cowboys Stadium. It is the only venue which has the capacity to host a big show such as the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight."

team :duck: on this no matter how hard Oscar is trying to get this work done.

tmt ain't had a fight outside of the state of nevada in about 10 flipping yrs.

No way will Floyd fight in Texas:heh:

He's basically a Las Vegas attraction:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Man, Im not about to rehash the same arguments every day and you asking questions I have already answered numerous times. If you dont remember, use the search function:heh:
dont really care what you not bout to do:manny: You said Manny is spreading ducktales about Floyd avoiding him yet anytime Floyd is asked about a fight with manny its "Pacquiao still has Marquez problems".. refuse to do business with Arum.. Pacquiao has to leave TR and sign to Mayweather promotions for the fight to happen... and he was just asked to comment on Arum saying talks between the two sides were happening and Floyd said it was "all lies". . Who's really telling duck tales?? :mjpls:
Bottomline is this, Espinoza wasnt lying....they HAVE been in discussions with TR when you said he was lying because nobody can speak on behalf of Mayweather:umad:
Im mad? Really :skip: Floyd Mayweather is the one who said nobody represents him outside of Haymon and Elerbee..." If you dont hear it from them its bullshyt". Floyd Mayweather said it was "all lies" when asked if talks were happening. Somebody's lying and its between Floyd and Espinoza

Showtime is gonna be involved in every negotiation, because Showtime will be the one airing the fight (along with HBO). CBS is directly involved to make SURE it gets done this time, because the last couple times it fell thru. Doesnt change the fact that CBS is Showtime's parent company just like Time Warner is HBO's parent company.
Bob said Espinoza is not in the loop... of course Bob is lying though.... Or is he? :youngsabo:

Now that talks have been confirmed though, after Espinoza already exposed it last week, please explain WHY you assumed Stephen Espinoza was lying about TR being offered 40 million and 35% PPV upside, knowing that if that wasnt offered, it could've possibly destroyed the entire negotiations because he would be destroying TRs rep in the public/media?:sas1:
Oh.. Espinoza has exposed it now:mjlol:, yet Bob and Pacquiao have both said talks have been taking place for some time now, but when they say it, they're just trying to use Floyds name (even though it was the truth) When Espinoza says it, its an exposal:stopitslime:..What does "wont budge" even really mean?? All I know is your agenda is very clear im very disappointed in you breh:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
dont really care what you not bout to do:manny: You said Manny is spreading ducktales about Floyd avoiding him yet anytime Floyd is asked about a fight with manny its "Pacquiao still has Marquez problems".. refuse to do business with Arum.. Pacquiao has to leave TR and sign to Mayweather promotions for the fight to happen... and he was just asked to comment on Arum saying talks between the two sides were happening and Floyd said it was "all lies". . Who's really telling duck tales?? :mjpls:

Im mad? Really :skip: Floyd Mayweather is the one who said nobody represents him outside of Haymon and Elerbee..." If you dont hear it from them its bullshyt". Floyd Mayweather said it was "all lies" when asked if talks were happening. Somebody's lying and its between Floyd and Espinoza

Bob said Espinoza is not in the loop... of course Bob is lying though.... Or is he? :youngsabo:

Oh.. Espinoza has exposed it now:mjlol:, yet Bob and Pacquiao have both said talks have been taking place for some time now, but when they say it, they're just trying to use Floyds name (even though it was the truth) When Espinoza says it, its an exposal:stopitslime:.. your agenda is very clear im very disappointed in you breh:mjpls:

Listen breh, Im not about to go thread to thread arguing the same things with you:ufdup:

You're not saying ANYTHING I havent already went over before countless times (including last week in the Stephen Espinoza thread itself) and you're gonna end up throwing this thread off topic just like the Pacquiao vs Algieri thread, because you're not gonna win and it's just redundant at this point:yeshrug:

You're gonna have to find somebody else to argue those points with, because I already proved my points multiple times over this forum....no need to beat you with my same old arguments again.:manny: