Floyd Mayweather on Maidana fight: "Im not gonna run...Im coming right at him"

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I'm not buying into anything breh, some of the Floyd stans around here are the worst.

I mean we all have our favorite fighters or whatever but it comes across like these nikkas don't even like boxing they just like Floyd. :yeshrug:
Maybe it's just more Floyd fans on here because there are more black posters. But other boards such as boxingscene.com are the opposite. And just because someone isn't as knowledgeable about boxing than you or have seen as many matches, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. That's some snobbish shyt breh. Patscorpihoe is known for entering every boxing thread on some, "you don't know more boxing then me" "I know boxing more than you" type of shyt. Nobody likes those kind of people online or offline. State your opinion and quit with the self congratulating shyt.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it's just more Floyd fans on here because there are more black posters. But other boards such as boxingscene.com are the opposite. And just because someone isn't as knowledgeable about boxing than you or have seen as many matches, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. That's some snobbish shyt breh. Patscorpihoe is known for entering every boxing thread on some, "you don't know more boxing then me" "I know boxing more than you" type of shyt. Nobody likes those kind of people online or offline. State your opinion and quit with the self congratulating shyt.

I can't cosign this breh.

When I first entered The Ring, @patscorpio didn't hit me with any snobbery/elitism about boxing. nikkas was cool and never came at me because I showed I don't only post when it's about AB :manny:

I think after awhile, when the only time people post is about 1 single fighter but claim they are very knowledgeable about "the science", you start questioning them to see if they REALLY know something or are just a casual. Hell, I'm sure if all I posted about was AB, I would've been questioned as well. But, I post about everything and have proven I know a little bit, so it's been love since the beginning.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I hope he does stand toe to toe with Maidana like he and Leonard Ellerbe says. I wanna see the legendary "Pretty Boy Floyd" in the ring on May 3rd......leave "Money Mayweather" at home:camby:

Can he do Maidana like he did Gatti, Corrales, and N'Dou? Yes.

Will he? That's what Im hoping to see....especially with him saying this stuff now.

Bring back "Pretty Boy Floyd" with the bald fade:blessed:
imo, he looked like "pretty boy floyd" in the canelo fight. dude was out there throwin hands. and standing right in front of canelo the entire time. if floyd fights maidana like he did canelo, no doubt in my mind he gets the knockout. maidana is gonna make floyd look like god.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Yeah, @patscorpio has never hit me with any of that shyt. Dude is a genuine fan of boxing, and knows his shyt. I just think like alot of us are, he's tired of casual fans coming and and only talking Floyd and acting like they're huge boxing fans. And then coming in with an anti-Manny agenda, spewing in bullcrap that suits their views, etc etc etc. It's like they listen to everything Floyd said and takes it as gospel, calling anybody who disagrees with them a Pacquiao stan.

It's obvious that some people are just Floyd stans and don't know much else. I guarantee most of them have never seen a Pacquiao fight before De La Hoya. Which is why you hear them say stupid shyt like calling Manny a hype job, a fraud, etc.

And the thing about there being more Floyd fans because of there being so much Black posters is silly to me. There shouldn't be a correlation between the 2. Just because you're Black doesn't mean you have to root for Floyd. Floyd has fans and haters of all colors. @mr. smoke weed is a fan of Floyd I believe, and he's White. Pat himself even said something along the lines of if you're just rooting for fighters because they're Black, you're missing out on alot of great shyt this sport has to offer.

Just my 2 cents though. Carry on :manny:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Last time Floyd stood toe to toe was with Cotto. I don't think he's doing that with Chino. Then again...

I could be wrong :mjpls:
so he wasn't going toe to toe with ortiz, mosley, and canelo?....dude was actually backing canelo down at some points. floyd let loose against canelo. he might be more cautious vs maidana because he's a bigger puncher than canelo, but after a few rounds of maidana hitting nothing but air and those punches begin to lose some steam...it's gonna be open season on the chino. maidana is a bigger puncher, but his defense is nowhere near canelo's. maidana is gonna get busted up badly.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
so he wasn't going toe to toe with ortiz, mosley, and canelo?....dude was actually backing canelo down at some points. floyd let loose against canelo. he might be more cautious vs maidana because he's a bigger puncher than canelo, but after a few rounds of maidana hitting nothing but air and those punches begin to lose some steam...it's gonna be open season on the chino. maidana is a bigger puncher, but his defense is nowhere near canelo's. maidana is gonna get busted up badly.

one thing for sure..there's going to be some serious bodywork being done on maidana...but maidana does turn it up even more if a fighter hurts and/or drops him..its going to be interesting how it plays out

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Patscorpio and most of the other regulars in the ring know what they are talking about, even when we dont agree.. You dont know shyt, and its very easy to spot nikkas like you when you post :umad:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
he's tired of casual fans coming and and only talking Floyd and acting like they're huge boxing fans. And then coming in with an anti-Manny agenda, spewing in bullcrap that suits their views, etc etc etc. It's like they listen to everything Floyd said and takes it as gospel, calling anybody who disagrees with them a Pacquiao stan.

It's obvious that some people are just Floyd stans and don't know much else. I guarantee most of them have never seen a Pacquiao fight before De La Hoya. Which is why you hear them say stupid shyt like calling Manny a hype job, a fraud, etc.

Dead on.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Yeah, @patscorpio has never hit me with any of that shyt. Dude is a genuine fan of boxing, and knows his shyt. I just think like alot of us are, he's tired of casual fans coming and and only talking Floyd and acting like they're huge boxing fans. And then coming in with an anti-Manny agenda, spewing in bullcrap that suits their views, etc etc etc. It's like they listen to everything Floyd said and takes it as gospel, calling anybody who disagrees with them a Pacquiao stan.

shyt forget pacquiao. a lot of these floyd stans never even seen FLOYD fight before he fought delahoya. on sohh, on the day of the gatti fight there wasn't even an official fight thread made. there was only one thread made when the fight was announced. and we just posted in that on fight night. and the thread ended up with a total of like 60 replies. this is no bullshyt. Q money knows. we used to ask for a boxing subforum back then and they weren't having it. once floyd fought delahoya, all them same posters who skimmed past every boxing thread in the coliseum were all of a sudden long time floyd fans/boxing experts. i'm not hating on people who became boxing fans after floyd fought delahoya...as long as they appreciate the sport first and foremost. we all have our favorite fighters, but no fighter should be above criticism.

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I can't cosign this breh.

When I first entered The Ring, @patscorpio didn't hit me with any snobbery/elitism about boxing. nikkas was cool and never came at me because I showed I don't only post when it's about AB :manny:

I think after awhile, when the only time people post is about 1 single fighter but claim they are very knowledgeable about "the science", you start questioning them to see if they REALLY know something or are just a casual. Hell, I'm sure if all I posted about was AB, I would've been questioned as well. But, I post about everything and have proven I know a little bit, so it's been love since the beginning.

You're a fair brother though too. I've never picked up on any bias from you and always look forward to what you say. From one man to another, I :salute:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
we all have our favorite fighters, but no fighter should be above criticism.

Preach breh, the minute ANYTHING negative is said about Floyd we get called Pactards, c00ns etc....I don't think there is a regular here besides BlackJesus that doesn't like Floyd on this site. It's just like you said we give him criticism the same we do for all fighters.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Got damn @ how angry nikkas get when people support the #1 p4p fighter in the world. shyt is deeper than just talking boxing when bringing up Manny vs Floyd. Racist white people hate Floyd and ride for Manny or anyone who fights dude. How dare a supposed majority black message board have more interest in Floyd. Do any of you think about that? Let me guess, it isn't about race, we have a black president, yadda yadda yadda