Floyd on that bullshyt regarding Pac's gloves

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Did he try anything in the 2nd fight?:comeon:

And now he's trying to pull the same thing with Pacquiao:snoop:

I think the fact that he even tried that bullshyt
is why Floyd made an issue with it.

He allegedly tried the same thing but if he did where is the video? A credible eyewitness account? Hell we didnt even get the modern journalist best friend " hidden sources" with some bs made up quotes.

Everybody who seriously follows boxing knows Cleto Reyes gloves, knows Manny uses Cleto and knows that they use horse hair in them. Are you suggesting some how
Floyd and his team didn't know this before hand and we're surprised by the gloves:francis:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Breh If Maidana doesn't try to use oven mitts instead of boxing gloves that shyt would have never happened
after rewatch the first floyd Marcos fight, Marcos would have probably won the first fight... Floyd was shook of him wearing those gloves

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Don't come in here and tell me there was no padding if u don't know shyt about mx gloves, gloves that are approved by the commision to wear.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Don't come in here and tell me there was no padding if u don't know shyt about mx gloves, gloves that are approved by the commision to wear.

fukk are you talking breh! The Argentina MXs that Marcos wanted to use originally were not approved by the commision they
made him toss them joints in the bushes,
Then Floyd refused the back up MXs and he used powerlocks instead.

So in you opinion Floyd was more worried about Maidana in mxs than Manny in motherfukkin Cletos? Whatever you say breh:pachaha:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
fukk are you talking breh! The Argentina MXs that Marcos wanted to use originally were not approved by the commision they
made him toss them joints in the bushes,
Then Floyd refused the back up MXs and he used powerlocks instead.

So in you opinion Floyd was more worried about Maidana in mxs than Manny in motherfukkin Cletos? Whatever you say breh:pachaha:
breh do u know why there is a table full of the same gloves right there?... it's cuz fighters can complain about the smallest thing and the cimissioner will just toss them to the side, this happens... Floyd on the other hand wanted him not to wear them period... u would think u would get it when he STILL didn't want him to wear them in the rematch.... if u don't know about mx gloves then u wouldn't know... u can feel the knuckles in ur hand when u put them on, very similar to the Reyes gloves, that's why everyone was suprised that Floyd okd the gloves

To me I was suprised that Floyd wasn't familiar with those gloves

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
after rewatch the first floyd Marcos fight, Marcos would have probably won the first fight... Floyd was shook of him wearing those gloves
Well it all worked out for the best.. Had he lost the first fight to that bum, we'd probably be
watching a Mayweather/Maidana 3 rubber match tonight instead of Mayweather/Gawdquiao

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
breh do u know why there is a table full of the same gloves right there?... it's cuz fighters can complain about the smallest thing and the cimissioner will just toss them to the side, this happens... Floyd on the other hand wanted him not to wear them period... u would think u would get it when he STILL didn't want him to wear them in the rematch.... if u don't know about mx gloves then u wouldn't know... u can feel the knuckles in ur hand when u put them on, very similar to the Reyes gloves, that's why everyone was suprised that Floyd okd the gloves

Exactly.

I spoke on this and posted JMM talking about it in the Pac vs Floyd thread, so I didn't feel like typing all of it again. You're 100% right.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

:snoop: They were not the same gloves though. The one Marcos wanted to use were custom with the Argentine flag on em and the commissioner agreed with Floyd and threw them out. Now the back up gloves were approved and the padding
wasn't an issue but I think Floyd decided once Marcos tried to hit em with the okeydoke with them bullshyt gloves he got back at him by forcing him to wear something other than the MX.

Floyd okayed Mannys glove because Manny aint try and bring out doctored gloves, believe me when I say Id rather get hit with the MX than the motherfukking Cletos anyday.

And just so you know Ive used MXs (didn't care for em myself) but my pair didn't act anything like the ones Maidana tried to slip past Floyd. You can watch the video and see the difference between the custom gloves and the red backup mxs the
commissioner did apporove.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Roach wanted to look at Floyd's gloves too

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2015/04/mayweather-pacquiao_notes_fred.html

I guess this wasn't as sexy of a headline.
You do realize the difference between the cursory inspection of gloves that camps routinely do of their opponents gloves before a fight and making an attempt to stop your opponent from using their preferred gloves right?
In case you didn't here is the difference: Roach just wanted to take a look at Floyd's gloves. Floyd's camp formally contested Pacquiao's gloves.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
You do realize the difference between the cursory inspection of gloves that camps routinely do of their opponents gloves before a fight and making an attempt to stop your opponent from using their preferred gloves right?
In case you didn't here is the difference: Roach just wanted to take a look at Floyd's gloves. Floyd's camp formally contested Pacquiao's gloves.

He was going to object to Floyd gloves if he felt that they had too much padding. Everybody knows that Floyd has brittle hands.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sp...-made-gloves-under-scrutiny-by-opposing-camp/

Grant is doing his gloves, and they're all custom-made, and I'd like to know what he's using – like what he's putting in those gloves, and what materials they're made with," he said last week, as quoted by mlive.

I'm a little bit worried about the weight of the gloves, and the padding, because I know that Floyd has a little bit of fragile hands," he added. "It's something that runs in the family. I think that they all can punch really well but they have small hands.”