Football Heads. Why Do White WR's Still Flourish in the NFL?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
interesting how there are white safeties, but no white CBs - john lynch, eric weddle, pat tillman, paul krause, etc.

being a solid CB has to require some of the highest level of athleticism in all of sports, doesn't it?

i do think race, genetics and bone structure do play a significant part. :sas2:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
interesting how there are white safeties, but no white CBs - john lynch, eric weddle, pat tillman, paul krause, etc.

being a solid CB has to require some of the highest level of athleticism in all of sports, doesn't it?

i do think race, genetics and bone structure do play a significant part. :sas2:
It's about consistent man coverage skills.
In a heavy zone dominant scheme I think you can theoretically still have a white cb. White safeties sometimes have to lineup in man,but it's not as obvious.

Problem is you're super unversatile at corner then. You can get away with safeties occasionally covering man, because it's only occasional and a different look.

And man coverage is really tough because it's an extremely reactive position in which the player had to be extremely fluid athletically.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
then again, josh norman is not very fast :jbhmm: so if josh norman can be a quality corner in the nfl, there might be hope for white corners. :jbhmm:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
You don't have to be fast to play wide receiver, you can get away with route running and being a possession receiver.

Can't be no slow cornerback. You'll get burned. Also, you gotta be athletic to keep up with the top wrs. And you know white people aren't athletic :mjpls:

Imagine some white dude guarding Odell :mjlol:

Nah....they gotta stay at safety if they in the backfield.

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
To me its about reaction time.... DBs have to be able to read and react in a split second.... Our reaction time may be faster on average...... reason why we're slicker boxers imo.....

this is just bro science... so take it with a grain of salt....
Eh, you can have great reaction time and still be ten feet away from the receiver if he's quicker than you.

It's all about athleticism. You have to be quick as lightning to be a good corner in the league.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cb is a demanding position athletically, and we (blacks) are just naturally more athletic....if a white guy is athletic, they tend to switch him to another position, figuring he'll do better long term there than at cb...if he's cb size and really wants to play d, they'll put him at safety....his athleticism will help there, but it's not as demanding as cb....

and yes, stereotypes do play a part in it...but white guys have no one to blame but themselves, cause it's other white guys that are the main ones scouting talent and placing those stereotypes on players....

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Yeah I know.

But him and Troy Brown both played corner when the Pats secondary was hit with all those injuries. I think he was decent in nickel packages.
oh yeah i think he was versatile enough to see the field a couple dozen snaps one game as a nickel/dime cb, i dont think he played much more than one game at the position though