Religion/Spirituality For My JEWISH Coli Brehs Can Y'all Tell Me About Judaism? (An Agnostic Coli Breh Is Intrigued)

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I said I was thinking of reading all three of the books of these religions.
but also visit the places of worship..it's good to meet and talk to some scholars if you can reach them.
I've done it but on a higher scale many years ago. Not just with the Abrahamic faiths but with others world religions too plus cultures.
Maybe when you get some good paper and time..

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
but also visit the places of worship..it's good to meet and talk to some scholars if you can reach them.
I've done it but on a higher scale many years ago. Not just with the Abrahamic faiths but with others world religions too plus cultures.
Maybe when you get some good paper and time..
Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar down the line. Especially learning more about Islam, Judaism, and maybe Buddhism. It's good to know from people who went to seminary school. For now, I'm gonna do me. shyt is mind-boggling always worrying about it:mindblown:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
@JudgeJoeGorilla I saw your Israel thread but didn't comment cuz of the ignorance in it. If you're American, you're good over there. Doesn't matter your skin color. All the people saying Israeli's hate blacks don't know what they're talking about and they have that impression because of Donald Sterling and the Ethiopian sterilization incident (which i don't condone). Israel is a beautiful place and I would encourage anyone to visit. After all, its home to more than just Jewish landmarks. Christianity began there and there are Islamic landmarks as well.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
@JudgeJoeGorilla I saw your Israel thread but didn't comment cuz of the ignorance in it. If you're American, you're good over there. Doesn't matter your skin color. All the people saying Israeli's hate blacks don't know what they're talking about and they have that impression because of Donald Sterling and the Ethiopian sterilization incident (which i don't condone). Israel is a beautiful place and I would encourage anyone to visit. After all, its home to more than just Jewish landmarks. Christianity began there and there are Islamic landmarks as well.
Yeah I'm American and thanks for telling me this breh.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

YUP .. AND DONALD STERLING AINT EVEN ISRAELI. HES AN EVIL WHITE AMERICAN JEW. BIG DIFFERENCE.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Do jews believe in hell or heaven?

it differs from one to another. my sect didnt even really address it..we just kinda shrug collectively and if people wanna believe in it then whatever. i think more than not jews believe in afterlife but it isnt stressed as much nor is it taught in the "traditional" christian way. some jews believe in an afterlife with God and no Hell..perhaps just just ceasing to exist instead.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Hmm that sounds cool. How does the process go of trying to be a religious Jew though? How long does it take?

Join a synagogue, learn Hebrew and get Bar Mitzvah'd. Not a "religious" Jewish "man" in many denominations without Bar Mitzvah. Most still recognize and accept those born Jewish as Jewish but meh in terms of "practicing" or "religious" without Bar Mitzvah process. The Rabbi will select your Torah portion based on your birthday on the Jewish calendar and also sometimes on personality..the Haftorah portion is also suggested but not everyone does it.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar down the line. Especially learning more about Islam, Judaism, and maybe Buddhism. It's good to know from people who went to seminary school. For now, I'm gonna do me. shyt is mind-boggling always worrying about it:mindblown:

I love Taoism and highly recommend the Tao te Ching. Its a super quick and great read..essentially poems.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Join a synagogue, learn Hebrew and get Bar Mitzvah'd. Not a "religious" Jewish "man" in many denominations without Bar Mitzvah. Most still recognize and accept those born Jewish as Jewish but meh in terms of "practicing" or "religious" without Bar Mitzvah process. The Rabbi will select your Torah portion based on your birthday on the Jewish calendar and also sometimes on personality..the Haftorah portion is also suggested but not everyone does it.

I love Taoism and highly recommend the Tao te Ching. Its a super quick and great read..essentially poems.
Thanks for telling me this man. As I get older and start to mentally mature/season I will check it out. I've always had some type of belief in God. I was brought up as Christian, but slowly got away from it in the last four years. Especially, during my Senior year of highschool.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Thanks for telling me this man. As I get older and start to mentally mature/season I will check it out. I've always had some type of belief in God. I was brought up as Christian, but slowly got away from it in the last four years. Especially, during my Senior year of highschool.

np

do as you please. if you want to look into it and think it will improve your life then go for it :manny:

can always take the easy way out and go into Messianic Judaism..but they are frowned upon by both Christians and Jews usually lol

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I have zero tattoos and they aren't really my thing. I think they look cool on other people though.

Same here. I dont condemn it in any way but it goes against most Jewish burial laws/practices.

BTW..can always look into Rastafarianism as well. They co-sign many Jewish principles too

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
it differs from one to another. my sect didnt even really address it..we just kinda shrug collectively and if people wanna believe in it then whatever. i think more than not jews believe in afterlife but it isnt stressed as much nor is it taught in the "traditional" christian way. some jews believe in an afterlife with God and no Hell..perhaps just just ceasing to exist instead.

YUP...HELL IS VERY RARELY ADDRESSED, BUT THERE'S DEFINITELY TALKS OF DIVINE AFTERLIFE IF ONE FULFILLS THEIR HUMAN EXPERIENCE.