For those of you dealing with anxiety....(judgemental free thread)(feel free to share)

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Hope I'm not coming across as too preachy but here are some truths to consider:

1) the idea of a "comfort zone" is an illusion. When you choose to hide and try to avoid anything that feels unpleasant, you're actively harming yourself and setting yourself up for a downfall. You don't feel this effect in the short run, but it's very real and will manifest itself in the long run.

2) everything has a price. Putting yourself out there and engaging with the world will cause you initial discomfort but carries an immense reward. Hiding from the world gives you an instant gratification but comes at the cost of your self-worth, regret, feeling empty, underachieving etc.. one moment of unpleasantness vs. a lifetime of sadness, regret and shame, which price are you willing to pay? :francis:

It's important to reframe your mindset.

3) in life, there's no such thing as being stagnant or remaining still. You're constantly in a state of movement whether you realize it or not. You're either progressing and improving or regressing and deteriorating. There's nothing else. You might think that by cowering away in your room, you're just taking a break and strategizing etc, but you're actively undoing any progress that you've made thus far as the world continues to move forward and your lifespan continues to decrease.

4) Your mind can easily play tricks on you that cause you to inflict yourself with the very wounds that you're trying to escape. So for instance, someone who suffers from social anxiety will have a strong urge to hide from the public and live a life of solitude. However, by giving in to this impulsive need for "comfort" and "safety", he is in fact crippling himself socially, mentally, maybe even physically (if he avoids training his body) which will almost guarantee that whenever something unexpected does happen (and it will), he will be completely impotent and incompetent and will have no way of confronting it. Why? Because he spent years castrating himself thinking it was keeping him "safe". And ironically, this will only lead to more anxiety. :francis:

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas

1) the idea of a "comfort zone" is an illusion. When you choose to hide and try to avoid anything that feels unpleasant, you're actively harming yourself and setting yourself up for a downfall. You don't feel this effect in the short run, but it's very real and will manifest itself in the long run.

2) everything has a price. Putting yourself out there and engaging with the world will cause you initial discomfort but carries an immense reward. Hiding from the world gives you an instant gratification but comes at the cost of your self-worth, regret, feeling empty, underachieving etc.. one moment of unpleasantness vs. a lifetime of sadness, regret and shame, which price are you willing to pay? :francis:

3) in life, there's no such thing as being stagnant or remaining still. You're constantly in a state of movement whether you realize it or not. You're either progressing and improving or regressing and deteriorating. There's nothing else. You might think that by cowering away in your room, you're just taking a break and strategizing etc, but you're actively undoing any progress that you've made thus far as the world continues to move forward and your lifespan continues to decrease.

4) Your mind can easily play tricks on you that cause you to inflict yourself with the very wounds that you're trying to escape. So for instance, someone who suffers from social anxiety will have a strong urge to hide from the public and live a life of solitude. However, by giving in to this impulsive need for "comfort" and "safety", he is in fact crippling himself socially, mentally, maybe even physically (if he avoids training his body) which will almost guarantee that whenever something unexpected does happen (and it will), he will be completely impotent and incompetent and will have no way of confronting it. Why? Because he spent years castrating himself thinking it was keeping him "safe". And ironically, this will only lead to more anxiety. :francis:

Gems :banderas:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana

This is where I do the living with/suffering from divide

I used to suffer from depression and anxiety, but now I just live with anxiety. Occasionally you suffer but with advice and things like you stated it helps in pulling yourself out even if only temporarily.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I'm emotional as hell. Life is too beautiful for me to not break down and marvel at it.

I cry for all the pain too, but also the beauty.

I actually like it though. When I'm stressed I already know what to do or what to listen to get a good one in. The downside is if I'm having a normal convo and something being said hits, I start to choke up and my eyes water.

I dont have anxiety but this feels familiar for me sometimes, like I legit cry sometimes when I think bout old times & listen to music at my house or its just an extremely good time in life

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: I suffer from anxiety issues at times. Like mad nervousness if I'm not in control of situations.

But the crazy thing is I just force myself to deal with shyt. Like sometimes I have to go to meetings present shyt, meet ALOT of people speak to rooms of people 30+ on data/business plans.

But i deal with it by........ just doing it. Afterwords I thank God and feel accomplished.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
For a few months, my anxiety was at it's worst. I've gotten a lot better recently. I try to be as productive as I can be (at work and school). This helps me. I still generally try to avoid social interactions. But I am trying to be more social.

Weed makes things worse for me.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: I came into work and my nutt ass manager said I gotta present some shyt I lied about on my resume. I was about to explode.

But i thought to myself " what's the worse that can happen? Maybe I get exposed but so what". i calmed down.

Did some youtube searches and googling and free styled that shyt in a room full of 20+ people.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
my ex of 5 years broke up with me about two years ago. im definitely over her but for the entire year after the break up i couldnt breathe properly, i was constantly feeling on edge like a squirrel, couldnt focus on shyt. couldnt think straight unless i was high , constantly shaking my leg like i was always ready to go, and i started speaking really fast. . couldnt sleep at night and jumped out of my sleep every morning.. imagine jumping out of youtr sleep every single day for a year. long story short, i realized my breathing had went from deep diaphram to shallow chest. and my anxiety was caused by not getting enough oxygen. real shyt deep breathing is key to being calm