French President Macron blamed Africans for the slave markets in Libya...

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
During a speech in Burkina Faso, Macron lost his cool when he was questioned about his country’s role in Libya’s slave trade.
During his four-day traverse across Africa to promote relations between France and African nations, French President Emmanuel Macron lost his temper when asked about human-trafficking in Libya which has burgeoned following the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO, invasion of the African country.

Macron Blames 'African Traffickers' for Libya's Slave Trade

I have no words...

These people are evil incarnate. There is no reasoning with them...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Macron Blames 'African Traffickers' for Libya's Slave Trade

I have no words...

These people are evil incarnate. There is no reasoning with them...

1) Venezuelan state media has an objective. Be conscious of that....BUT
2) If not for Sarkozy pushing to topple Gadaffi, Libya would not be Somalia on the Med right now. However!
3) It's mainly Africans who are smuggling other Africans to Libya to be enslaved. Moreover, it's mostly Africans (Libyans both Berber and Arab) who are doing the enslaving.

:yeshrug:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Fukk Macron and the French. European countries are also complicit in the slave trade.

I don't even want to say much because my blood has been boiling since last week because of this story. If African leaders and African countries aren't utter useless, including the toothless AU - they would've invaded the Libyan failed state once the news came out and wiped out those Arabs. However, they haven't even shown enough care, especially for a continent with a dark history similar to what's happening in Libya right now. African countries can't be acting like toddlers forever - these countries have to show growth collectively.

Only black diaspora can save Africa and the onus is on this generation of black people in diaspora to take a stand.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
If African countries can't align to stop this from happening ALL OVER AGAIN..........hold this L

African countries are mostly useless for the most part. The whole independence crap is a charade, none of those countries is actually independent in the real sense of the word. Just a lot of fukked up countries on the map where nothing works, with illiterate and utterly corrupt leaders.

They just showed their asses again.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
African countries are mostly useless for the most part. The whole independence crap is a charade, none of those countries is actually independent in the real sense of the word. Just a lot of fukked up countries on the map where nothing works, with illiterate and utterly corrupt leaders.

They just showed their asses again.
Remember the west created those countries. A majority of those countries shouldn't exist in the current state they are. They forced unionization without taking into account the different ethnic groups. Imagine if China and Japan become one country, do you know what kind of shyt show that would be

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Remember the west created those countries. A majority of those countries shouldn't exist in the current state they are. They forced unionization without taking into account the different ethnic groups. Imagine if China and Japan become one country, do you know what kind of shyt show that would be

I get your point.

However, we can't keep making excuses for all these countries. Most of them got their independence in the 1960s and 50 years is a long time to at least have something moderate that would be able to take on a failed state like Libya. There's no government there - just some figure-head miscreants appointed by the West, who control less than a 5th of the country. Libya is free for all - not a sovereign country at the moment. It's what Somalia is. The AU was eager to send peacekeepers to Sudan to fight the Janjaweed militants, why can't they do the same with Libya, since what's happening there is reminiscent of the dark history that destroyed the whole continent and what it's yet to recover from?

I'm tired of all African countries. These countries just need to stand up, speak from a position of power with urgency, and show that they care. These people are Africans, not aliens. European countries don't care because they're complicit in it and they're the reason why Libya is the way it's. What are they waiting for? What's the point of having AU when black Africans can be sold brazenly/openly into slavery on the continent in the 21st century? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's just sad all around.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
In the video it says: "Macron seems to ignore..."
And here I'm thinking: "Seems? Really? :mjgrin:"