fukk this Matrix

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
As kids, we go to school for 8hrs, learning few things of substance. Nothing of practicality. The government slowly removed classes that we could benefit from in life when I was in school : Home Economics, Autobody, Etc. Classes that taught you the foundations of skilled labor. Cars, electrician, plumber. Gone..

8hrs in school. Translates to expensive universities. Going to college, my 1st two semesters, I'm taking classes I just bust my ass to pass in high school all over again. Why am I a freshman in college taking Composition I? American Lit? Why am I paying money to take Algebra and calculus again? I just passed American History in high school for free now I'm taking out loans to cover the costs to take them again. Financial manipulation to keep nikkas bound to the status quo. I asked my college advisor this and she said to prove to the university that your learning capacity is up to par with university standards. My response, I already proved that my learning capacity was at the level it needed to be when you bytch ass nikkas saw my ACT scores and mailed me my acceptance letter.

I've made some terrible mistakes in my life and my current standing reflects that. I don't have the luxury of having a nice modest 9-5, white collar job where I can wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, have a nice convo with my wife & kids before heading to the office. Get off, clothes still neat, body feeling okay, come home to my fam and a hot plate of food. Nah. I fukked up in life. I work in a car manufacturing plant. Hard labor, mandatory overtime. Body aches. Cuts. Bruises. Fatigue. Long hours. Dirty work. Rotating shifts. 2 weeks on 1st shift 6am-2:30pm and then 2 weeks on night shift 4pm-12:30am. It's a 30 min drive from my house to work. That long ride home I use it to reflect, strategize. I drive in silence. No music. Just my thoughts. Trying to hustle my way back to a worthy status in life. Finish my degree. Get out of this rat race.

So many times I wanted to just say fukk this shyt. Matter of fact, the phrase echoes throughout my mind constantly. It's hard to dig yourself out of the abyss and nikkas ain't really tryna help you when you down bad like that. We all struggling in some form or fashion and nikkas ain't tryna add your struggles on top of their own. It's a battle we face alone as husbands/fathers. Unfortunately many succumb to the wounds of that battle. I've taken my fair share but I'm still fighting

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
vVQdgB.gif

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Breh you gotta get some therapy and maybe a life coach. Get some achievable goals knocked out and enjoy this thing called life.

There’s so much info on this very board. Higher Learning, 6certs 6figs, investing, etc.

Real talk, there are men on here who can help you get from point A to point B to point C

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
As kids, we go to school for 8hrs, learning few things of substance. Nothing of practicality. The government slowly removed classes that we could benefit from in life when I was in school : Home Economics, Autobody, Etc. Classes that taught you the foundations of skilled labor. Cars, electrician, plumber. Gone..

8hrs in school. Translates to expensive universities. Going to college, my 1st two semesters, I'm taking classes I just bust my ass to pass in high school all over again. Why am I a freshman in college taking Composition I? American Lit? Why am I paying money to take Algebra and calculus again? I just passed American History in high school for free now I'm taking out loans to cover the costs to take them again. Financial manipulation to keep nikkas bound to the status quo. I asked my college advisor this and she said to prove to the university that your learning capacity is up to par with university standards. My response, I already proved that my learning capacity was at the level it needed to be when you bytch ass nikkas saw my ACT scores and mailed me my acceptance letter.

I've made some terrible mistakes in my life and my current standing reflects that. I don't have the luxury of having a nice modest 9-5, white collar job where I can wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, have a nice convo with my wife & kids before heading to the office. Get off, clothes still neat, body feeling okay, come home to my fam and a hot plate of food. Nah. I fukked up in life. I work in a car manufacturing plant. Hard labor, mandatory overtime. Body aches. Cuts. Bruises. Fatigue. Long hours. Dirty work. Rotating shifts. 2 weeks on 1st shift 6am-2:30pm and then 2 weeks on night shift 4pm-12:30am. It's a 30 min drive from my house to work. That long ride home I use it to reflect, strategize. I drive in silence. No music. Just my thoughts. Trying to hustle my way back to a worthy status in life. Finish my degree. Get out of this rat race.

So many times I wanted to just say fukk this shyt. Matter of fact, the phrase echoes throughout my mind constantly. It's hard to dig yourself out of the abyss and nikkas ain't really tryna help you when you down bad like that. We all struggling in some form or fashion and nikkas ain't tryna add your struggles on top of their own. It's a battle we face alone as husbands/fathers. Unfortunately many succumb to the wounds of that battle. I've taken my fair share but I'm still fighting
I'm telling you this in all sincerity: You gotta move on and adapt. The milk has already been spilled.

I'm a damn liberal arts major :snoop: spent some years thinking I'd start a non profit, had some tech ideas, did the shyts, blahzay blah but I'm at the start of my cybersecurity career and so much other shyt I'm leaving out

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
What's your major?

And why did you take the ACT over the SAT. Are you on a scholarship? Isn't American Lit a an elective?

Also I would argue you learn way more valuable shyt in HS RN than dealing with home economics. Personal finance maybe but trade schools and classes aren't gone. Hell, my HS or middle school had us go to a trade school we were partnered with to see the opportunities that come with that.

It's just instead of it being forced, a lot of schools legit give you the option to switch to those and learn skilled labor.

The ACT is more math/science heavy so I'm assuming you're in some of those classes because you didn't do too well in those subjects and it's much better that they try to make sure you understand the concepts instead of just letting you dive right into your major and end up fukking up.

But you're also a freshman supposedly so that's par the course. Knock these out and make sure you hit the registar early next semester.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My potna was engaged to be married but decided to sit in his car running with a hose from the tailpipe to inside the car instead.

Some people just say fukk it. I personally could never comit that. I rather just drop it all, move and start a new life. I’d be fine with being called a deadbeat or coward :manny:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City

Breh, you sound like you have a foundation but you're still lost and that's ok. What is it that you really want to do in life? You need to start using your time and resources and start working towards that.

Also, you can probably slide into a nice cushy job with your present employer just by networking, having the good soft skills and the right credentials. You don't have to kiss ass do to it. Just be competent and reliable. Work your way up to management if already like the money you're making. As a manager you really don't do shyt and get paid more.

College core classes are bullshyt but a necessary evil. If you didn't graduate take some classes online until you get that paper. You can knock out those core classes with Clep testing. Its self study and cheaper. Get your degree and certs. It makes a difference. Your company probably has a tuition reimbursement program, use it!

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
My potna was engaged to be married but decided to sit in his car running with a hose from the tailpipe to inside the car instead.

Some people just say fukk it. I personally could never comit that. I rather just drop it all, move and start a new life. I’d be fine with being called a deadbeat or coward :manny:

giphy.gif