fukk this Matrix

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As kids, we go to school for 8hrs, learning few things of substance. Nothing of practicality. The government slowly removed classes that we could benefit from in life when I was in school : Home Economics, Autobody, Etc. Classes that taught you the foundations of skilled labor. Cars, electrician, plumber. Gone..

8hrs in school. Translates to expensive universities. Going to college, my 1st two semesters, I'm taking classes I just bust my ass to pass in high school all over again. Why am I a freshman in college taking Composition I? American Lit? Why am I paying money to take Algebra and calculus again? I just passed American History in high school for free now I'm taking out loans to cover the costs to take them again. Financial manipulation to keep nikkas bound to the status quo. I asked my college advisor this and she said to prove to the university that your learning capacity is up to par with university standards. My response, I already proved that my learning capacity was at the level it needed to be when you bytch ass nikkas saw my ACT scores and mailed me my acceptance letter.

I've made some terrible mistakes in my life and my current standing reflects that. I don't have the luxury of having a nice modest 9-5, white collar job where I can wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, have a nice convo with my wife & kids before heading to the office. Get off, clothes still neat, body feeling okay, come home to my fam and a hot plate of food. Nah. I fukked up in life. I work in a car manufacturing plant. Hard labor, mandatory overtime. Body aches. Cuts. Bruises. Fatigue. Long hours. Dirty work. Rotating shifts. 2 weeks on 1st shift 6am-2:30pm and then 2 weeks on night shift 4pm-12:30am. It's a 30 min drive from my house to work. That long ride home I use it to reflect, strategize. I drive in silence. No music. Just my thoughts. Trying to hustle my way back to a worthy status in life. Finish my degree. Get out of this rat race.

So many times I wanted to just say fukk this shyt. Matter of fact, the phrase echoes throughout my mind constantly. It's hard to dig yourself out of the abyss and nikkas ain't really tryna help you when you down bad like that. We all struggling in some form or fashion and nikkas ain't tryna add your struggles on top of their own. It's a battle we face alone as husbands/fathers. Unfortunately many succumb to the wounds of that battle. I've taken my fair share but I'm still fighting
I hope they pay well to deal with all that

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
On a positive note, your job's too shyt for AI to bother taking over.

White colour brehs are sweating about what's gonna happen in the next 5-10 years.

My own business is at a point where I realised AI makes 5 out of my 6 employees nearly completely obsolete. But then the thing is, in a few years AI will probably make my business's service obsolete lol.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The last thing he needs is therapy,hes finally woken up. Unfortunately it sounds like hes woken up yet feels stuck due to his circumstances. I already advised him it might be over for him if he truly cant think of a plan to get unstuck. Especially if hes an older man with a wife and kids. At this point his energy may be better served putting what he knows into his children. But seems as though OP wants us to coddle him which we refuse to do in 2024. But maybe this is just his 3rd or 4th PSA to the youth about Babylon. And for that we love his contribution,you can never repeat yourself too many times:respect:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
OP is right, but you have to just live your life willfully ignorant or be in a perpetual state of dread and nihilism. So as terrible as it sounds, just drink the Kool-Aid. This site does have good info for tech and investing. I tried to study cyber security 4 times and I find it boring af, but I have no alternative and I'm too much of a pu&& to commit that, so I'm going to try again. That's all life is, doing what you don't really want, for minutes or short periods of happiness. Coffee to get you up, liquor for the pain at night. Embrace it, adapt or seppuku

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Think positive. At least you get to leave your work at work. White Collar brehs are always on the clock for the most part.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Find or create a product that isn’t a fad and will keep people needing more and sell it. As a black man who did “all the right things”, had all the bytches, traveled, etc. there is no happiness that can outdo running your own business or finding YOUR hustle.

The Matrix you’re referring to exists to create workers. If you’re not happy in that lane it’s because that’s not your lane.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
op i wouldnt work full time at a physical labor job and go to school... instead i would do this.. If you have a common last name, call larger universities and act like an HR department. Ask if “your name” graduated from that school, if so you can say that you graduated with that degree.

ion know how comfortable you are with committing fraud tho

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
op i wouldnt work full time at a physical labor job and go to school... instead i would do this.. If you have a common last name, call larger universities and act like an HR department. Ask if “your name” graduated from that school, if so you can say that you graduated with that degree.

ion know how comfortable you are with committing fraud tho
most spots need proof prior to hiring.