Generation Alpha slammed as 'feral, illiterate, screen-obsessed iPad kids'

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

The latest generation of youngsters have triggered concerns about the future with their excessive use of technology and internet trends coming under the spotlight.

Dubbed 'Generation Alpha', children born between roughly 2010 and the end of 2024 now make up the largest cohort of kids to ever live on planet Earth.

But the two billion-plus toddlers and pre-teens are already being cited for their illiteracy and uncontrollable thirst for screens, raising fears over what is to come.

Scores of teachers continue to leave education as they struggle to control illiterate kids, with one expert telling the LA Times: 'Teachers are complaining they have 14-year-olds who can't read.'

'We hear people complaining [alphas] lack empathy — well, you learn that through literature,' said Shervaughnna Anderson-Byrd, director of the California Reading and Literature Project. 'There’s a lot of blame being placed on these babies when it’s the adults setting the narrative.'

Across social media, Generation Alpha are dubbed 'feral' and 'evil' as they continue to make headlines, not least thanks to the presence of smartphones to capture every moment.

:huhldup:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I remember my wife had a client that literally said out of her mouth that the tablet was her babysitter :why: . As much as technology is a gift, its twenty times the curse as I see children just laid out on the ground at a store looking at some demonic children's show on YouTube, just staring like a zombie. It's gross.

Like I get it, kids are friggin obnoxious, and sometimes you need a break, but when you constantly throw a tablet at the child as a pacifier...don't feel any type of way when they rely heavily on that same pacifier :francis:

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just an outrage farming article. You clicked and lost. I lost because I read it. Poor excuse for actual journalism

If you subscribe to the same worldview I'm sure seeing it written makes you feel good