Generation Alpha slammed as 'feral, illiterate, screen-obsessed iPad kids'

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I remember those days. I was in NYC back when it was the deadliest city in the country thanks to those automatic weapons.

Once the ban went into affect in 1994, along with the broken window policy, you started seeing homicides drop in NYC:

NYC crime statistics 1980-1999

NaAjwOo.png
The AW ban expired 20 years ago, and none of the banned weapons were machine guns. The murder rate has continued to fall. The modern "mass shooting" began in the mid 90s. The ban I'm talking about was the NFA that banned fully automatic machine guns. That has been policy for almost a century.

The 90s murder boom was also due to cultural issues (crack, gangs). Look at murder before 1994, when background checks became a thing. Also, the homicide rate was astronomically higher than even the 90s before repeating firearms were even widely available. Look at the mid 1800s, for example.

The American homicide rate has been falling for centuries. There are more guns now than anytime in history, and the homicide rate is some of the lowest on record.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Once the ban went into affect in 1994, along with the broken window policy, you started seeing homicides drop in NYC:

It was the crack/mob era that raised those rates. And those guys were not using legal guns

It was ALWAYS tough to get a legal gun here..

Crime was already on a downswing when Dinkins was in office (1990-93)

Rockefeller drug laws & RICO were already in effect

Dinkins was unpopular for obvious reasons :mjpls: but the Crown Heights & Washington Heights riots screwed up his re-election. Crime would've continued to drop if Giuliani didn't win

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I didn’t want to call babies dumb … but I see what I see … so here we are …

:francis:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
between climate collapse/change and a lack of intergenerational mobility, I feel bad for generation alpha. hate to be all gloom or doom but when you throw the possibility of something like another pandemic (h5n1?) or nuclear war...shyt seems bleak. getting a vasectomy seems like the most responsible thing I could do this year. that teachers subreddit:sadcam:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
I’m not quite sure I understand what you just wrote :francis: But it ain’t about bashing people. It’s about being honest that certain actions have natural likely outcomes. Why are we experiencing what we are? Bc we’re letting people think this isn’t true. In other words, we are letting them reinvent the wheel.

Ie the Bible plain as day says spare the rod spoil the child. The ‘child’ in this case is our society. The rod doesn’t need to be literal. But what do we do? ‘Hmm let’s spare the rod, but I’m sure we’ll get different outcomes :jbhmm:‘. No, we won’t.
Blaming the people instead of the entities behind the cause is just passing the buck towards the common man

If I could sell my dikk the same way to women the same way they sell coochie to us, I'd be a gigolo

I'm a straight man, but mfs not being straight or normal doesn't affect my life at all

Social media, marketing, and late stage capitalism is to blame for all this

Braman

Superstar
Daps
between climate collapse/change and a lack of intergenerational mobility, I feel bad for generation alpha. hate to be all gloom or doom but when you throw the possibility of something like another pandemic (h5n1?) or nuclear war...shyt seems bleak. getting a vasectomy seems like the most responsible thing I could do this year. that teachers subreddit:sadcam:

I cannot stress how much I hate when people say this dumb shyt :heh: Geez it’s so self centered….yet yall think you’re being virtuous

In the history of the world imagine thinking the worst it’s ever been JUST SO HAPPENS to be when you alive. Forget the civil rights era, the Cuban middle crisis where they literally had radio broadcast saying aye yall you might not wake up tommorow…Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, stock market crash. Nah forget all that we need YOU to decide to stop having kids bc you ‘can’t bring kids into this cruel world :sadcam:‘. :comeon:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Let electronics babysit your kids bruhs.

Blaming the pandemic. :mjlol:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
I cannot stress how much I hate when people say this dumb shyt :heh: Geez it’s so self centered….yet yall think you’re being virtuous

In the history of the world imagine thinking the worst it’s ever been JUST SO HAPPENS to be when you alive. Forget the civil rights era, the Cuban middle crisis where they literally had radio broadcast saying aye yall you might not wake up tommorow…Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, stock market crash. Nah forget all that we need YOU to decide to stop having kids bc you ‘can’t bring kids into this cruel world :sadcam:‘. :comeon:
:yeshrug:

do you, breh