Gentrification comes to Compton vol. Furious Styles told y'all in '91

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chickens coming home to roost

George Bush did live in Compton when he was younger..

FOR BUSH, COMPTON WAS ONCE HOME

Thanks Bloods and Crips for not taking the time to empower your community cause y'all too busy blasting each other for wearing the wrong colors
:snoop:

There is no one gentrifying Compton. The people feature are black and Hispanic people. The mayor Aja Brown ran on a platform of bringing in stores and businesses back to Compton and she lived up to her promise. The only traditional black section of LA that is gentrifying is Oakwood in Venice.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain Inglewood,Compton, Watts to me?:mindblown:

Like are they in LA or are they their own city within LA?

Watts is a section of the city in southeast la. Compton and inglewood are suruburbs within LA. They have there own city council and mayors. Inglewood has there own police departments. Compton used to.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Same shyt happened in Chicago out North, not far from the Gold Coast. Big bad ass gang members snipin' rival gang members from the roof of the projects, but when white couples walked around, thinking about buyin' real estate, all nikkaz could say was "White people buyin' our muthafukkin' buildings:mjcry:"

And I'm saying this as a Vice Lord, that gang shyt is not conducive to building up our own communities.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Same shyt happened in Chicago out North, not far from the Gold Coast. Big bad ass gang members snipin' rival gang members from the roof of the projects, but when white couples walked around, thinking about buyin' real estate, all nikkaz could say was "White people buyin' our muthafukkin' buildings:mjcry:"

And I'm saying this as a Vice Lord, that gang shyt is not conducive to building up our own communities.

Beloved :wow:

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Can someone explain Inglewood,Compton, Watts to me?:mindblown:

Like are they in LA or are they their own city within LA?

LA is a city and a county. While Watts is just a neighborhood of LA, Compton and Inglewood are cities in LA county. No different than how other major cities are sectioned.

Compton is a city in southern Los Angeles County, California, United States, situated south of downtown Los Angeles. Compton is one of the oldest cities in the county and on May 11, 1888, was the eighth city to incorporate.

Inglewood is a city in southwestern Los Angeles County, California, southwest of downtown Los Angeles. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 109,673. It was incorporated on February 14, 1908.

db84c2a5a50e8a7e1f0717a8be235ca8.jpg