Gentrification comes to Compton vol. Furious Styles told y'all in '91

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
watts is a part of Los Angleges. Compton and inglewood are not

Compton and Inglewood are part of LA County. But they are there own cities within it,similar to Bell gardens Carson etc. Watts is just a section of the city like Athens

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:hhh:
Same shyt happened in Chicago out North, not far from the Gold Coast. Big bad ass gang members snipin' rival gang members from the roof of the projects, but when white couples walked around, thinking about buyin' real estate, all nikkaz could say was "White people buyin' our muthafukkin' buildings:mjcry:"

And I'm saying this as a Vice Lord, that gang shyt is not conducive to building up our own communities.
:mjlol:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I hate when cacs uses words like “trendy” or “eccentric” to describe moving into a majority black or Hispanic neighborhood.

Stay y’all asses in the burbs. This will be the perfect time for crips, bloods and esses to start start kicking doors in and scaring these motherfukkers out

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i swear white dudes been coming down my parents street for years, asking if they wanna sell their house....right down the street from the old compton swap meet, now a walmart :snoop:

moms usually hit them with a :stopitslime:........ :camby:

:ohhh: I used to live on Harris up the street from there. Pops sold in 2005, but we moved in 98.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate when cacs uses words like “trendy” or “eccentric” to describe moving into a majority black or Hispanic neighborhood.

Stay y’all asses in the burbs. This will be the perfect time for crips, bloods and esses to start start kicking doors in and scaring these motherfukkers out

They have these stories every few years. The only spots that gentrifying is Hispanic area like Echo Park, Silverlake. Blacks section like Oakwood/Venice. Those things have what hispters want like walking distance to the beach and historical mansions.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Is this really gentrification though? I mean there’s always nice sections of cities or areas that are considered bad. All I see here is new houses and a regular shopping center. It’s crazy to think that’s in Compton though with its reputation

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Is this really gentrification though? I mean there’s always nice sections of cities or areas that are considered bad. All I see here is new houses and a regular shopping center. It’s crazy to think that’s in Compton though with its reputation
Compton ain’t putting up no numbers nowadays

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
I see cacs riding bikes in Compton on a reg... Been that way for years! They are everywhere in Long beach!!!

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Same shyt happened in Chicago out North, not far from the Gold Coast. Big bad ass gang members snipin' rival gang members from the roof of the projects, but when white couples walked around, thinking about buyin' real estate, all nikkaz could say was "White people buyin' our muthafukkin' buildings:mjcry:"

And I'm saying this as a Vice Lord, that gang shyt is not conducive to building up our own communities.
Can’t believe Cabrini lasted until 2009-2010:damn:

Up there is prime real estate! Part of me wish the jects was still up, would cut down on the fukkery in the south burbs