George Lucas Criticizes New Star Wars Films (Article)

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I wish Lucas would just say fukk it and lay out his original vision for the new trilogy in some blog post or some shyt. Ain't like it's canon anyway, though it would be in my mind seeing it's coming from the creator himself.

And he got a point, I'm not knocking TFA it was a good movie but JJ pretty much did what Puff Daddy did in the 90s and take a sample, loop it, and add fresh faces to the track while being awll in the promotion.
Pretty sure Disney would sue the fukk outta him for those 4 billy's

Last edited:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
ok then, make another Hov
willow-movie-poster-1988-1020468942.jpg

part duex
:ohhh:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Because you're looking at it purely from a financial standpoint and not from a creative standpoint. To you, and to most of us on here, we'd say "fukk it, I got 4 bullion for it so let them cook" but when you create something man, you're always going to be attached to it regardless. Always. You're always going to have opinions on what someone is doing with your baby and its legacy. You're lying to yourself if you say otherwise.
I respect that.

It's hard to separate any genuine take on his part with his body of work of the prequels, which are his love letters "against all things retro"... which painfully sounds like he's against what worked at the start.

Ugh, I've devoted more thought to this man than I've ever wanted to, since the check cleared :laugh:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
The coli is blindly defending the new star wars movie because of John Boyega. You guys are super obsessed with race. The movie was flat out bad.
:usure:
Pretty sure there's a thread on the coli referring to that movie as 12 years a space slave :laugh:
I and many others have issues with that movie especially with Boyega character.:comeon:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:usure:
Pretty sure there's a thread on the coli referring to that movie as 12 years a space slave :laugh:
I and many others have issues with that movie especially with Boyega character.:comeon:

Yeah that Tariq Nasheed video. He was absolutely right. It's funny because before the movie was released you guys were praising John Boyega. The ass kissing got out of control. His character was a weak loser in the movie. Not the aspiring hero black people hoped for.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I respect that.

It's hard to separate any genuine take on his part with his body of work of the prequels, which are his love letters "against all things retro"... which painfully sounds like he's against what worked at the start.

Ugh, I've devoted more thought to this man than I've ever wanted to, since the check cleared :laugh:

Maybe he is against what worked, but again, as the creator, it's his right to feel how he wants to feel and i don't begrudge him of that. Lets take Nas for example. illmatic drops and in 96, everyone wanted illmatic part 2. they were convinced it was written would be illmatic part 2. It wasn't. He didn't want to do that. He wanted to challenge himself as an artist and do different things and reach a different market, etc and at the time he was crucified for it (hence the hate me now video) but in retrospect, it was the right move and it's a classic album. Not to say the prequels will get the same love in the future, but Nas was against what worked to begin with. It was written is such the antithesis of illmatic on so many levels and as an artist, you take that risk, whether the fans go with you or not

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Honestly, I have always wondered why Lucas never returned to this property.
Maybe now that he isn't involved with Star Wars anymore he will focus some energy on more Willow stuff. He should give Ron Howard a call start collaborating.

He said he wants to do more original ideas like American Graffiti or THX. He wants to make smaller stuff now where he's got more freedom