George Lucas Criticizes New Star Wars Films (Article)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He said he wants to do more original ideas like American Graffiti or THX. He wants to make smaller stuff now where he's got more freedom
Can't fault him for that. And it would probably be good for him to go back to less expansive stuff that tends to play into his worst instincts.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
My sentiment walking out of the theater was, "Eh, it was just okay." Like, I wanted a new Star Wars movies that was actually a NEW Star Wars movie. Where's the innovation? The creativity? This was the best they could do as far as ideas and a script? :dahell:. There HASSSS to be someone, somewhere that has written some godly Star Wars fan fiction.

I know people have been calling it a "soft reboot (:stopitslime:)," but I just couldn't get over how flimsy it all was as far as the plot. This movie reminds me of TDKR and Age of Ultron in that when they released everyone was on some :banderas: shyt outside of some critics, and 6 months down the line once the hype subsided -- people started to be more critical of both. I think this movie will suffer the same fate. :ehh:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-viii.jpg

:grootcamby:

I am Groot!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
at the end of the day the story is still the weakest thing about TFA imo.

look lucas lost points forever because of the prequels, but i can't help but think that if he were still on board as a story adviser the shyt would have been a lot better. lucas to dictate the story, kasdan to pen the script and flesh things out, abrams to direct.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My sentiment walking out of the theater was, "Eh, it was just okay." Like, I wanted a new Star Wars movies that was actually a NEW Star Wars movie. Where's the innovation? The creativity? This was the best they could do as far as ideas and a script? :dahell:. There HASSSS to be someone, somewhere that has written some godly Star Wars fan fiction.

I know people have been calling it a "soft reboot (:stopitslime:)," but I just couldn't get over how flimsy it all was as far as the plot. This movie reminds me of TDKR and Age of Ultron in that when they released everyone was on some :banderas: shyt outside of some critics, and 6 months down the line once the hype subsided -- people started to be more critical of both. I think this movie will suffer the same fate. :ehh:

@TheGodling :sas2:

ya'll act like lucas pushed creative boundaries with each film, he kept the storyline fresh and evolving but he didnt reinvent himself with each film, hell he only directed one of them

:patrice:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X

look lucas lost points forever because of the prequels, but i can't help but think that if he were still on board as a story adviser the shyt would have been a lot better. lucas to dictate the story, kasdan to pen the script and flesh things out, abrams to direct.

the definition of gypped

movies-star-wars-concert-fans-illuminate-lightsabers.jpg

:grootcry:

We are Groot...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
ya'll act like lucas pushed creative boundaries with each film, he kept the storyline fresh and evolving but he didnt reinvent himself with each film, hell he only directed one of them
well empire was coming off the biggest film phenomenon in history, and it would have been real easy to just make another silly adventure in the same vein of ANH and just do the same thing again like hangover 2 did. instead empire took a sharp left and redefined what the franchise could be capable of.

the franchise has yet to live up to that standard again.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
well empire was coming off the biggest film phenomenon in history, and it would have been real easy to just make another silly adventure in the same vein of ANH and just do the same thing again like hangover 2 did. instead empire took a sharp left and redefined what the franchise could be capable of.

the franchise has yet to live up to that standard again.
TFA is this generations ANH. Lucas acts like they're going to just copy the OG movies for ep 7 and 8. Ep's 7 and 8 will really allow them to elaborate and innovate story-wise.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Sort of wish he'd be able to reboot the prequels. Just bring in different writers/directors to flesh out his vision in a good way.
Those were the movies that needed to be fixed/updated..

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Really? So you'd be cool with these sequels essentially being soft remakes? :scust:

I'd rather see that then the entire franchise disappearing for another decade because the total originality route didn't work as well as expected.

The OG movies are sufficiently old enough for me to buy soft remixes. I'm not saying I want a shot for shot remake, but if they manage to pull it off as well as they did in the Force Awakens, I'm happy. :manny: