GloRilla Hits Back At Fabolous' Female Rap Critique: 'What [Do] Men Rap About?'

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Women rap about gangs, shooting, robbing, wtf is GloRilla talking about?
She's saying that women aren't the ones actually shooting and robbing in real life.

“Females rapping about the same shyt,” she continued. “But guess what? We’re not killing. We’re not in gangs. We’re not robbing. That’s what men be doing. What we doing? We’re sitting pretty, we’re popping our shyt, we’re hustling, we’re getting money. We fukk, so we rap about what we do.”

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
glorilla-the-sexiest-rapper-alive-can-suck-my-bootyhole-v0-hwl5u2q0jbda1.jpg

:skip:
Oh damn she need a BHL:picard:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun

i see it everyday on here dudes will bytch about sexyy red then go post hearts and doot doots in a griselda thread :umad:
They're actually GOOD AT RAPPING. If you're nice, you can get away with almost anything. These women are mostly terrible.
Lotta folks in this thread and out need to check for Little Simz. Uk artist but shows it can be done...

THIS
There’s female rappers who rap about other stuff. Female and Male rappers all overwhelmingly rap about the same bullshyt. Rap has refused to grow up or grow past the same tales.
Them folks aren't paying them, no matter how dope. They're paying these weird mental midget broads all rapping about their stinkboxes.

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
They are dead. Who are current Gen Z mainstream rappers who are on more positive vibes...and no disrespect but I would not compare them to Kendrick and J Cole.
I wouldn't say positive but rappers that cover a more diverse set of topics than just the stuff Glorilla talked about and can give you some actual introspection in their raps: Cordae, Lil Tecca, Roddy Ricch, Kodak Black, Lil Tjay, Rod Wave, Trippie Redd, Polo G, etc

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't say positive but rappers that cover a more diverse set of topics than just the stuff Glorilla talked about and can give you some actual introspection in their raps: Cordae, Lil Tecca, Roddy Ricch, Kodak Black, Lil Tjay, Rod Wave, Trippie Redd, Polo G, etc
I feel you. I know a few of those names but yeah, I still wouldn't say they give the same positive vibes as a Kendrick or J Cole.

Cole and Kendrick are grandfathered in so to speak, I couldn't see a brand new rapper come in with the background of J Cole unless the talent was undeniable.

I feel like Drake even went a bit more dark in his music as his career progressed to keep up with current times.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Fab is right because all the female rappers are thot rappers

But GloRilla is also right because male rappers do in fact rap about killing each other, robbing each other, selling drugs, using drugs, fukking hoes then kicking them out and pissing on the graves of dead opps etc
That’s the only rap SHE listens to. Male rap has a million different lanes to it. Can’t say the same for current female rap.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, the vast majority of popular male rappers don't rap about *anything* substantive.

Aside from semi-mainstream artists like Earl Sweatshirt, billy woods, Lupe Fiasco, Vince Staples (sometimes), Kendrick (sometimes) and J. Cole (sometimes), its largely just money, cars, clothes, drugs, women bars.

I love Griselda, Ross, 2 Chainz, Lil Baby, Thugger, Moneybagg, etc. - but 100% of the songs on at the club, on the radio, on Spotify end of year rap playlists etc are exactly like the above.