GloRilla Hits Back At Fabolous' Female Rap Critique: 'What [Do] Men Rap About?'

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
As a man, i will NEVER turn on no damn female rap and vibe to it...we ain't got SHYT in common...Even my favorite female rappers (Shawna) biggest hit is about getting some head...she still raw tho lol

Daps
They're actually GOOD AT RAPPING. If you're nice, you can get away with almost anything. These women are mostly terrible.

well sorry for you guys but these women def are getting away with it no matter how many tears yall shed. and it's not like there was never any wack ass ghetto ass male rappers that were big lol. basically, everything is status quo in the rap game :yeshrug:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
That’s the only rap SHE listens to. Male rap has a million different lanes to it. Can’t say the same for current female rap.

that's true, wasn't saying there aren't, but for every J Cole and Kendrick there's a million male rappers rapping about super destructive stuff, ya feel me breh ?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As a man, i will NEVER turn on no damn female rap and vibe to it...we ain't got SHYT in common...Even my favorite female rappers (Shawna) biggest hit is about getting some head...she still raw tho lol
Gangster boo la chat and Mia x the only women I listen to and it’s usually the tracks featuring other folks lol

missy mixes rap and singing so I don’t count her

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Gangster boo la chat and Mia x the only women I listen to and it’s usually the tracks featuring other folks lol

La Chat is more my speed but the Southern chicks are always dope. I be forgetting Gangsta Boo passed damn.

The way they opened on this :whew:

Missy is one of my favorite artist, male or female.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are female rappers who aren’t rhyming prostitutes, they’re just not lit. Female rap is already a niche thing off the bat…so finding subsets within it that are flourishing isn’t going to be as easy as it is with male rap. And even with male rap, the overwhelming majority is rapping about the same stupid, shallow, negative sex crazed ignorant shyt that the smuts are rapping about, just from a male perspective..Fab one of the main ones, lol.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
These chicks think the ratchet shyt is empowering. That’s what they wanna hear.

I agree, I can't stand the logic of acting like a thot is empowering, I don't see the logic in it, but I saw the writing on the wall when women were saying twerking was empowering
:francis:

me and you are on the same page breh

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida

Damn, I forgot about them sisters.

I fukk with them cause I was a Crime mob fan back in the Day and was rocking with that whole first CD (side note, i never noticed, but the 2 girls on that project didn't rap about a SINGLE sexual Thing...nyggas could rap their verses..good times)

And I noticed that the La chat and Gangsta boo sounded like diamond and princess..that's where them girls got there style from...after that I was a fan of them.

:russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn, I forgot about them sisters.

I fukk with them cause I was a Crime mob fan back in the Day and was rocking with that whole first CD (side note, i never noticed, but the 2 girls on that project didn't rap about a SINGLE sexual Thing...nyggas could rap their verses..good times)

And I noticed that the La chat and Gangsta boo sounded like diamond and princess..that's where them girls got there style from...after that I was a fan of them.

:russ:
Yeah crime mob was a fashionova three 6

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I agree with glorilla, the popular male rappers are rapping about negative garbage too.

King Von was far worse for hip hop than any thot rapper.
And he wasn’t even that good in THAT lane. He was terribly overhyped.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Fab isn't even saying that, he's saying he thinks that there are dope women rappers not being recognized because of what's being promoted

It's pretty far from "ew, women rappers"
I didn’t say Fabolous was saying that. “Ewwww women rappers” has been the general Coli sentiment for years. They’ll have that sentiment but claim they haven’t listened to any women rappers in 15 years. So…which one is it?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
She missed the point and y'all missing the point.

Her response was what are the Women gonna rap about we not in gangs, we not selling drugs, yada yada...

That's what fab is talking about.
Being creative.
Painters dont only paint shyt that they've actually seen. They create worlds and keep building.

Rap is supposed to be art.

These chix is only rhyming about either sucking dikk or being hurt by a nikka, or fukkin his friend.

They aren't even trying.

Was foxy and Kim queen drug dealers, who setting up nikkaz to get all the bricks. And fukkin with the Dons.

No but them bytches was creative and nikkaz didn't think "oh this is women's rap".
It was just rap.
We fukked with it