Google has built earbuds that translate 40 languages in real time; Truly Revolutionary Brehs :wow:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I remember a friend of mine brought another's dad to a korean nail shop because she was convinced they were calling her a dog, anytime they pointed to a dog in korean they said the same word to her

eventually he was caught because they made a joke about a moth flying out of his pocket, he refused to take his shoes off for anyone

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I like the concept. i probably would definitely use these for a short vacations overseas.

But i rather learn the language myself if i plan to live or move abroad altogether. Plus it looks better for you as a job candidate to be multilingual.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I remember a friend of mine brought another's dad to a korean nail shop because she was convinced they were calling her a dog, anytime they pointed to a dog in korean they said the same word to her

eventually he was caught because they made a joke about a moth flying out of his pocket, he refused to take his shoes off for anyone
Didn't he also have a Korean girlfriend he reunited with, and also get in an argument with George Steinbrenner? :rudy:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
automated translation isn't there yet for this to be practical and I highly doubt the real time claim.

Type "hello, how are you doing" in google translate, translate into any language, then translate back into english. See if you get the exact same wording.
That is the problem still with automated translation. Simple changes that without regard for context could be the difference between a joke, being polite, or being disrespectful.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this is a big deal. i'm gonna wait until i read reviews and watch videos of this in action before i buy but i have very high hopes.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
automated translation isn't there yet for this to be practical and I highly doubt the real time claim.

Type "hello, how are you doing" in google translate, translate into any language, then translate back into english. See if you get the exact same wording.
That is the problem still with automated translation. Simple changes that without regard for context could be the difference between a joke, being polite, or being disrespectful.
Breh... give it some time to be tweaked. I think we know it's not going to be perfect, but hell, I highly doubt it's going to be useless. They just scratching the surface, let it live a little