Google Pay and Samsung Pay will reportedly accept Bitcoin and other cryptos soon

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Google Pay and Samsung Pay will reportedly accept Bitcoin and other cryptos soon

Feb 18, 2021

Amidst the increasing actions of several governments in banning the trading of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies within their financial systems, there are indications that these currencies will still remain with us for some time. As a matter of fact, the use of cryptocurrency as means of payment continues to proliferate. Recently, Twitter announced that it was considering the use of bitcoin. Now, Samsung Pay and Google Pay may join the fray soon.

Cryptocurrencies remain a popular mode of international transactions with the potential for greater stability. And now, it has been reported that very soon, Google Pay and Samsung Pay will accept payments made with Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. This information emanated from BitPay, a foremost cryptocurrency provider and payment platform.

If the plans scale through, then Google and Samsung will be joining Apple as platforms that now have the functionality and capacity to process cryptocurrency payments of users on the platform for goods and services. BitPay also hinted that it hopes to bring Google Pay and Samsung Pay support as early as March 2021 if all things go according to the plans.

Users on both platforms would be able to link their BitPay cryptocurrency card to Google Pay and Samsung Pay, thereby making it possible to make seamless payments on the platforms using cryptocurrencies. Supported cryptocurrencies on the service include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, BUSD, Ether, PAX, USDC, and GUSD.

While the specifics and exact timelines for these activities have not been provided by BitPay, it is expected to follow a similar trajectory like what occurred with Apple Pay. At this time, neither Google nor Samsung had released a statement affirming or denying the news.

We keep our fingers crossed as further developments evolve.

link:

Google Pay and Samsung Pay will reportedly accept Bitcoin and other cryptos soon - Gizmochina

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
:ohhh:

It is too late to invest!?!??

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain how this works? If 1 Btc is 51k, how can the average person be involved in this? The average person can’t buy 1 Bitcoin so how will this be used for day to day transactions? I’m completely confused at the practicality of it. Will people be using half a coin(25k) to pay for things?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Can someone explain how this works? If 1 Btc is 51k, how can the average person be involved in this? The average person can’t buy 1 Bitcoin so how will this be used for day to day transactions? I’m completely confused at the practicality of it. Will people be using half a coin(25k) to pay for things?

You don't have to buy an entire coin, you can buy parts of it.

That said, you not gone make real money unless you putting in 5 figures. Bitcoin would have to reach $2 million for the lower and middle class make good returns.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@dangerranger You can buy fractions of Bitcoin, like just $1 worth if you want to.

thanks. Do you know the incentives of paying with BTC over traditional means such as cash or credit? I see a lot of predictions that BTC is the way of the future but I’m don’t understand what will cause the massive shift to coin based currency for the average individual? Unless it’s something like cash app or Apple Pay where it’s just so convenient it’s easy for people to adopt as a way of paying. I did see one video from Chamath that made sense to me saying it’s the one currency that is independent of what happens to the stock market. So I understand from that perspective. Any more thoughts brehs?