Google Pay and Samsung Pay will reportedly accept Bitcoin and other cryptos soon

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Outside of speculation I don’t really see the point of having crypto.

So, I’ll just stick to purchasing in $.

Good news for those that want this, I guess.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thanks. Do you know the incentives of paying with BTC over traditional means such as cash or credit? I see a lot of predictions that BTC is the way of the future but I’m don’t understand what will cause the massive shift to coin based currency for the average individual? Unless it’s something like cash app or Apple Pay where it’s just so convenient it’s easy for people to adopt as a way of paying. I did see one video from Chamath that made sense to me saying it’s the one currency that is independent of what happens to the stock market. So I understand from that perspective. Any more thoughts brehs?
I have a recent use case for you.

I recently sold my house, closed on it at the end of Jan. The title company cut me a check for 76K after the deal was done. I go to my bank to deposit the check. The bank tells me... I can't access the full amount for 7 business days because it's over their deposit limit. So essentially, I can't use my money via the bank even tho it's clearly mine.

With bitcoin, and cryptocurrency in general... when it's adopted by more industries and sectors, what happened at my bank will be a thing of the past. No matter who you are, you want access to your money instantly. Then when you factor in the players with MAJOR bread and the capability to move millions without the hassle and hoops that banks and financial institutions make them go through now, it's easy to see why huge companies are buying in to BTC now.

Daps
So, Bitcoin keeps going up in value right? So if I use a fractional share of my Bitcoin to pay some random bull of $200. And a week later BTC jumps like 600%, miss out on the growth because I used it as actual currency? Why would anyone ever pay with it?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
It defeats the purpose of what cryto was designed for meaning extreme financial privacy. But t also helps because now you can use Bitcoin as money in places because if Google is accepting it then stores online and brick and mortar will accept it too.

EXACTLY

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good for BTC/ETH as usual...most of the other coins are stablecoins tho...BCH being the exception

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue with this is who is going to give up their Bitcoin to pay a phone bill, knowing it’s current value? I know it’s original purpose was currency, but now it seems like it’s an investment tool.

That's where other crypto's will come into play. More stable, more supply, easier to understand than 0.00003921, or 45212 satoshi's.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The issue with this is who is going to give up their Bitcoin to pay a phone bill, knowing it’s current value? I know it’s original purpose was currency, but now it seems like it’s an investment tool.

that’s why they included a lot of stablecoins as well...but yes they low key are more interested in taking your BTC off you and folks would be right NOT to give it to them

:smile:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a recent use case for you.

I recently sold my house, closed on it at the end of Jan. The title company cut me a check for 76K after the deal was done. I go to my bank to deposit the check. The bank tells me... I can't access the full amount for 7 business days because it's over their deposit limit. So essentially, I can't use my money via the bank even tho it's clearly mine.

With bitcoin, and cryptocurrency in general... when it's adopted by more industries and sectors, what happened at my bank will be a thing of the past. No matter who you are, you want access to your money instantly. Then when you factor in the players with MAJOR bread and the capability to move millions without the hassle and hoops that banks and financial institutions make them go through now, it's easy to see why huge companies are buying in to BTC now.

Dapped and repped